~Listen~

~Listen~

A Poem by Mary E Green
"

A reminder for me, and maybe you?

"

     Yes, do speak.  Tell your stories, whether they be good or bad, if the situation asks that of you, but more important than this, listen.  Listen not only to the words being spoken but to those that are left unspoken.  In the moments it would be easier not to listen, recieve and understand that much more.  In the moments the message is music to your ears, do not linger too long in this song.

 

     Listen with humility.

     Listen with compassion.

     Listen, but do not judge.

 

     Listen not only to the voices from the world, the tales of love and loss, of victory and defeat, of the mundane and of the exceptional-as much as you are able, hear these stories.  Then, even more still, search for that which is beyond these voices, listen to the life that surrounds you.  The yawn of a dog, the laughter of a child, the tremble in another's voice, the echoes of the falling rain, the sounds of the ocean from the call of a sea gull to the rush of the surf, the rustle of dancing leaves, and we do know so much more.  Be still just long enough, be amazed hearing the warmth descending to you from the sun and the emotion that speaks to you from the heart.

© 2013 Mary E Green


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely write, Mary speak tell your stories but listening is key , hear the sounds of life with heart and soul. So true!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary E Green

11 Years Ago

Yes, yes :) Thank you so very much for stopping by!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: meditation

Author

Mary E Green
Mary E Green

MA



About
A mother/wife and Rn in that order who is grateful on a daily basis. A realistic optimisit , a good listener, compassionate and kind. Words flow more freely in writing for me... more..

Writing