An eBay Listing for the Sale of a Purse: LETTING GO OF BROKEN HEART.  NWT kate spade ny Cedar Street

An eBay Listing for the Sale of a Purse: LETTING GO OF BROKEN HEART. NWT kate spade ny Cedar Street

A Story by C. Mijares Devane
"

Micro-fiction emptying the mind and closet of loss

"

Why am I letting this go? Because it is the one wish I have left. Because I must let go of this…


Her fiancé left her at the altar.


She came to me, and we fell in love.


Altar boy returned, and she left me.


She called in the middle of the night. I asked what I could do for her. “Tell me you love me,” she said, and she came back to me.


Altar boy again asked her to marry him, and she left me.


She called and said she wanted to meet, that she “just wanted to catch up.” I came to the dark lounge she had chosen, for each time she had asked anything of me, I had said, “For you, always ‘Yes.'” Over the hours we held each other, she stared at me with such passion, and then touched and kissed my face with such hunger that a stranger, a young woman whose eyes betrayed her wish to someday live a night like she had just seen, silently mouthed the words to me, “She loves you…”


She ended her engagement, and she came back to me.


We giggled as we imagined the wedding we would have, marrying not only each other, but marrying our families into one, my sons, her daughters, my dog, her cat… My heart and hers…


She called crying, she was so confused. I told her it was okay, I just wanted her to be happy. I love you, I told her. She cried, “I love you too.”


And then she left me… but she kept me… until she ran away…


I found this handbag for her. She adored kate spade, and I adored her. I mailed it with a wish that she would come back one more time. And it was returned.


And there was a note.


“I cannot accept this gift, because I am married. Best wishes.”


And then, I could share no more wishes for her. I can share no more wishes for anything. Save for one… This one.


It has been a year.


I must get her out of my mind.


I must get this gift out of my home.


I must get her out of my mind.


And this, this wish, this is the one I have left…


I want someone to have this gift, to know it came from the deepest of loves, to know such unconditional love exists, and to feel that love in everyone they hold dear.


***


The ideal accessory, this timeless kate spade purse flawlessly complements a stylish wardrobe. The unique color combination is extremely difficult to find, making it distinctive and eye-catching.


  • BRAND NEW WITH TAGS
  • STILL IN PROTECTIVE PACKAGING AND ORIGINAL SHIPPING BAG
  • FREE SHIPPING


Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed

 

 

Copyright © 2016, C. Mijares Devane. All Rights Reserved.

© 2016 C. Mijares Devane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on September 9, 2016
Last Updated on September 9, 2016