Come Here Love

Come Here Love

A Poem by A.Lee

Come here love

Let me hold your hand

I want to take your pain away

If you’ll let me

 

Come here dear

Let me take your breath away

I can help you to forget

If you let me

 

Come here darling

I can whisk you to a place

Where everything is new

But it all depends on you

If you let me

 

Come here love

Whisper to me what you need

So I can slowly set you free

If you let me

© 2010 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
Don't ask me to change anything. It wasn't written to be the best poem in perfect form and meter; it's just the way the thoughts in my heart manifested themselves.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words written straight from the heart is the truest, most wonderful words to be shared. And you've just done that perfectly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


well rip out your heart and stomp on it! This poem sucks!!!.........just kidding just wanted to do that because no one ever says anything like that on here. Also since I am your husband it would be kinda bias for me to say that this was the greatest poem in the world. Which i think it is by the way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this poem of unconditional love, willing to take the others pain .. that is what love is about.. and to me, there is nothing to change it reads smooth and has a lovely message. Really beautiful.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a beautiful, lifting write... You share with us that desire for two to find that deep love that brings healing and peace.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so deep. The hardest part is for him to take that first step - to completely trust you. To fall back into your arms, hoping you'll be there to catch him. I can really relate to this. Trust seems to be so hard to gain if they've been dropped before, even if you're not the one that let him down before. You expressed this beautifully. I also love the middle lines in each stanza explaining how you'll help him. so beautiful, and again so true. 100!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wouldn't change anything given the opportunity. It's perfect.

Fantastic piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nothing need to be change. A poem with kind emotion and desire to make another feel content. No better words can be written in a poem. A beautiful poem with a true purpose of love. A excellent poem.

Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


sounds like the hand that i needed so many times in my life that was not there - this would be so comforting to have in your real world life

Posted 13 Years Ago


very, very sweet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this one. It's clear and neat and says a lot more than the words might seem to indicate. It's somewhat like a wish, or a prayer, and at the same time I got an impression of forlorn-ness implied in the repeated "If you('ll) let me" lines; as though to express regret that these wishes will not come true; promises may be left unfulfilled... An interesting and somewhat cleverly profound poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

838 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2010
Last Updated on May 10, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


So Tired... So Tired...

A Poem by A.Lee


Living For You Living For You

A Poem by A.Lee