There's no such thing as a Cinderella wedding.

There's no such thing as a Cinderella wedding.

A Poem by Marina
"

Childhood dreams. . .

"

When i was three i used to dream,
of sleeping on clouds and what the world will be.

 

When i was five,
I dreamed of,
ponies and castles,
and candy and love.

 

When i was nine,
I had a crush,
on the boy next door.
I dreamed of a big wedding,
and what my dress would look like.

 

At ten years old,
it was kind of weird,
because the dreams i had seemed so unreal,

 

Now in my teens,
I think of my childhood,
and how things where so peace full.

 

How you could walk around,
and no one cared,
about what you looked like,
your clothes, your hair.

 

But those where the good old days,
right now it seems,
that the only thing left to do is dream.

© 2008 Marina


Author's Note

Marina
Heeh.
The title...well, i couldn't think of anything else.
So this is it. You like?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A touching piece of epic sadness, a candid look at a world growing up too fast, and the fight not to lose dreams to the angst.

Some might say that you are too young to have written something so haunting, but they would not be able to defend that point. It has the touch of a mid-life crisis, where one remembers their youth - reaches that pivotal point where they realize what is lost - and that they can only dream of what they used to dream.

As long as you have your dreams though, am I right?

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very sad, indeed. Although I'd say that the title was a sort of give away, this is still a beautiful piece. Maybe someday this would have different ending, something a little bit happier and a little bit on the positive side. 'Cause you see, no matter how overrated it is to say, I know some dreams come true.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very well written I do have to say. Hell dreaming is one of the best things to do! Who cares what other people think be yourself and they should like you for it, if not tell em to screw! =D A lot of writers have written on this topic but you have shared it in a way that every single person can see and feel it!

You are a very good writer judging from all of your works!! Keep it up and don't ever stop! And remember us Massachusetts-ians have to stick together! ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


I still dream. I'll be another year older tomorrow and I still dream butterflies, and blue skies and pretty dresses. And I won't give all that up any time soon.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Love the title and your honesty in this piece. Such insight for one your age. :-) In reading the reviews below, I find myself agreeing with many of them. We do grow up too fast. But who says we have to care about what we wear or about our hair when we are older? Who makes the rules? You've asked that question in a roundabout way. Keep asking and keep writing. :-) Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this self- reflective piece, which allows you to look at everything you use to dream about, but after living all those dreams, with nothing left, it makes you wonder about the things you have still yet left to dream about! Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aww... that's such a disheartening title for such a sweet poem.

I would stay consistent with the stanza forms. The first one has a different line breaking than the others and just being consistent helps the read-ability a lot!

Very sweet! Loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this.
It's simple, yet it captures the exact feeling of lost innocence and aimlessness that hits as soon as the teen years come around.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like the layout of this...and the plot in general. nicely done (:

Posted 14 Years Ago


I truly, truly enjoyed this! I think it would make even Cinderella proud! She had a dream and lived it, hours later, it was gone, only to dream once again...and Wha-la..the wedding! Question is ..did they divorce like everyone else?..Hmmm! Keep up the wonderful writes, you really do know how to get one to share in your thoughts, and perhaps even your dreams!

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was a beautiful poem. A poem on growing up and maturity with a hint of having a romantic heart. Dreams are wonderful no matter what age you are so hang onto them forever. :) Awesome piece

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

818 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Author

Marina
Marina

Milf-town, MA



About
guys, im not even 15 anymore. i just haven't seen this page in a million years. more..

Writing
The Hand Game The Hand Game

A Poem by Marina


Ode To Oak Ode To Oak

A Poem by Marina