The Roots of Rose Kissed my Grave

The Roots of Rose Kissed my Grave

A Poem by Caio Emmanuel
"

About my own funeral and how I don't want people to be sad. Just the opposite, actually.

"
I don't have the good memories anymore...
A lot escapes me from thought.
I still hear them crying old stories,
weting my gravestone with their moanings

I do not rest plainfully, but I feel in peace.
Neither I miss a thing.
I don't feel the lost of my life with all formalities.
Not of my rights, my conquests and everything else I has able to do.

I remember, yes, by obligation, the salty tears of my family,
the moans of anguish and sadness.
Ask me how I feel, and I'd ask a less bitter funeral.
Burry me as you wish, burn me if you'd please, but do it joyfully.

I don't ask for coldness nor absolute self control, neither I ask for forced laughs.
But death is delicate, I don't want my friends in tears nor my aunts in despair.

Bake a cake with as many candles you want, guys.
Make a toast! To me and everything else you can think of!
Thank my loyal friends that came
and tell my family to move on.

Gather aroung me, mates, one last time.
Say you let me go.
Everyone knows me, and no matter what, I'll have fun.
Take long vacation on the other side, 'till someday i get back, perhaps.

Caio Emmanuel
01/03/09

© 2010 Caio Emmanuel


Author's Note

Caio Emmanuel
Originally written in Portuguese. It used to rhyme, but the meaning of the whole thing is still there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the message behind this. My husband always says that. "When I die, you'd better not cry!" and I always shake my head. But its true. We shouldnt spend our time mourning. We miss the person. Love and remember them, but don't be incapacitated with sadness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the message behind this. My husband always says that. "When I die, you'd better not cry!" and I always shake my head. But its true. We shouldnt spend our time mourning. We miss the person. Love and remember them, but don't be incapacitated with sadness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the concept of "Don't mourn my death, but celebrate my life." At least I think that's what you're trying to convey. I've heard it said before, and it's a nice way to think. You don't want your loved ones to be sad so you're telling them to remember you happily.

Perhaps some of the words got confused in the translation process but you're right, the meaning is still there. So is the emotion behind it. Even though you're asking people to be happy I still think that it's kind if sad, in a way. But I really like it. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

501 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 15, 2010
Tags: Funeral, family, death

Author

Caio Emmanuel
Caio Emmanuel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



About
If there was a perfect way of describing me I promise you I'd post it here. There's not, though, so here it goes some stuff: I'm 19 years old, I've been writing stories, mostly about fantasy, since I .. more..

Writing