One Size Smaller

One Size Smaller

A Story by Caitlin

One day, Zebra was at the mall. She really needed a new pair of pants, as her other pair was getting torn. Zebra had $50 of her hard-earned babysitting money.
As she was searching the racks of Hot Topic, Zebra came across her two friends, Toucan and Fox. Zebra really wanted to know their opinions on the pink pair of jeans she had just found.
“What do you think?” questioned Zebra.
“They look AMAZING!” Toucan exclaimed.
Fox responded in a sly tone, “They’re OK, but you need them in a smaller size, maybe the next one down.” Zebra wasn’t as enthusiastic about trying on the next size down as Fox seemed to be. She thought they looked good.
“Here you go, one size smaller!” exclaimed Fox as she handed Zebra. Zebra seemed really upset when she came out of the dressing room.
“That is SO much better!” shouted Fox. Zebra, still looking uncomfortable, turned to Toucan.
“The other size looked MUCH better. You seem unhappy with those.” Toucan continued reassuringly, “Get the other pair.”
Zebra smiled, realizing that, even though Fox was her friend, Fox’s advice wasn’t that good. She turned around, changed, and brought out the pair of pants she had tried on first. After paying, Zebra, Toucan, Fox, and Zebra’s newly purchased pants left the store, giggling all the way.

© 2010 Caitlin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wonder why we people can't think in a simple way as the writer here did! This is a nice story! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting and creative. I like it! Thank you for sharing it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was interesting, but good. I was pleasantly confused by your use of animal names when telling your story. Innevitably, at various points I kept imagining a talking zebra in Hot Topic wearing pink jeans. lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very interesting tale. I have three daughters. I never shop with them. A man's opinion need to be left at home. I like the characters and the ending. Each of us want different things. A very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I honestly... was thrust suddenly back to middle school where all the girls giggled and gushed over pants together. I mean no disrespect, but I wouldn't have liked this at all IF NOT for the fact that they have animal names.

Sincerely, that's what made me smile. That, and the fact that you did in fact draw me back in time to my youth. So, that's got to be worth something. You painted the scene.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010

Author

Caitlin
Caitlin

RI



About
Caitlin is fine; September 14th, 14 years ago; Freshman; One brother; Single and crushing; Poems; Quotes; Friends; Books; Guys; Summer; Beach; Sunglasses; Volleyball; Kassidy Carleen; Amy Jane; Ka.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..