A wasted memory

A wasted memory

A Story by Carissa Marie

She waits in vain for him to arrive. He didn't tell her that he'll actually come, but then again there's nothing wrong with waiting. It has been 2 hours now. She remembers as she asked him to see her at their usual place. She had a surprise for him. As her patience starts to deplete, she saw him walking towards her. Her face lights up as she danced inside with triumph. 
"He came! He really came!" she thought. 

She suppressed her smile. being careful not to show him just how happy she was and scaring him off. She doesn't want him to know just how much she loves him for she's scared he'll go away.
"Finally. I was afraid you'd never come" she started to say. 

He was standing right in front of her when he told her,
"we need to talk" with sadness in his voice. Her inner happiness starts to fade as she hears his voice. 
"Why so sad? What's wrong?" She wondered.

 He led her to a more private place as he breaks his news.
  "We need to stop this" he said. Tears were starting to form in her eyes. 
"Why? Why now?" was all she could say. 

"I don't love you. Not anymore" he replied.

 She just nodded and turned around, not facing him. Not wanting to let him see her break down. Her tears started to flow freely now. 
"Okay" she said when she managed to find her voice.
"Goodbye" he said as he started to walk away.

 She was left standing there. Unable to move. Paralyzed. Unable to believe what just happened. In a blink of an eye everything was over. It was over. Even before she was prepared to say goodbye. No warnings. No nothing. 

She breathed deeply and started running away. Away from the dream she once lived. The dream that turned into a nightmare. Leaving everything behind. Leaving her scattered heart behind. Leaving what just happened to become a wasted memory. 

© 2013 Carissa Marie


Author's Note

Carissa Marie
I don't really know how to write a story. It's my first time. :)) its kinda based on a true story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha, Hey I must say you did the same here with me, as I did with you in The Secret Place! Not bad for your first story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Carissa Marie

11 Years Ago

Mixed emotions huh? Haha. Thank you.
I like it. It's very believable. I can see it happening. I would change, "Finally, I was afraid you'll never come" to Finally, I was afraid you'd never come.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Carissa Marie

11 Years Ago

Oops. That was a typo. But thanks for noticing. I'll change it right away. :)
E.A. Rubin

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. It happens to me too that I don't notice all of my mistakes.
Well, for me you just don't know that you actually know how to write...It's a sad story, but nicely told. I love the title. I think of something familiar...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Carissa Marie

11 Years Ago

Aww. Thank you for that. :) I appreciate it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013

Author

Carissa Marie
Carissa Marie

About
21. Female. AB Journalism. Philippines. :) Introvert. Weird. Over-thinker. Music lover. Bookworm. Frustrated Artist. Writing is my therapy. "Let my words be your own form of immortality" .. more..

Writing