Journal Entry: Day 20: And if you wait… June 28, 2010

Journal Entry: Day 20: And if you wait… June 28, 2010

A Chapter by Jason Knight
"

But must we wait 'til the end of a smile?

"

Song: With You �" Chris Brown

Mood: Contemplating

 

When everything falls apart, what will keep you together? In the storm, where’s your umbrella? In the sun, will you find your shade? And what about those tears… Will you cry and wait for me to dry them? I’m bleeding and I cannot breathe, I’m dying and I cannot see. At times I wonder who are you, but I more often wonder who I myself am. How can I get to know you, if I don’t even know myself? Never say never… Wisdom. Complex wisdom found in simple words. And if a bird came by, where would it fly? And if our forest died, who will then give us life? And if love died… Where would our raison d’etre go? I never blame you… Though, I am very much blamed. Must I crumble on my knees in submission and wait for the hand of fate to take a hold of who I am to be? Or must I let my body take over me and run. And run! Run! Run! Run! Just run… Run into the darkness… I know if my body takes over, it’s footsteps are all but void…

My guitar bleeds me a melody, it cries me a song, and I sing, and I sing. For my own sake, I cry not. For your own sake, I do not fall apart. I love you. Please listen. And if time went by and age took its toll, will you move on? Because I know if you do you will have the regret of losing true love! And if a bird came by, where would it fly? And if I die, who will give you life!? And if you left me, what will life offer me in exchange!? Must I lie in the light and cry in the dark? Who are you!? Who am I!? I don’t want nobody else, without you, there no one left then. Say you care for me… You know I care for you. I love you. And if a bird came by, would you let it fly away?



© 2010 Jason Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The haunting questions... but it seems like your.. understanding? Like its coming to a close. I love the ending of this chapter. Nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such great language in this chapter. Many questions can be only answers by time and great effort. I like the internal thoughts and the ending was very good. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010


Author

Jason Knight
Jason Knight

Shippensburg, PA



About
I am art. I am alive. I am everything you dream of. I am part of all your nightmares. I am love, and I am hate. I choose life over death. I am you, I am me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda