Aftermath Part I

Aftermath Part I

A Chapter by she who must not be named
"

You should know that the characters' names has been changed. Ex. the turtle = Turtle. Ungali Tree = Ungali. That's about it... but the format has also been changed.

"

    "Soo... now what??" asked Turtle, after they finished hugging her. "We've got water, and what??"

    "We could always go swimming!" suggested Leopard. The animals groaned, since Leopard always bragged about who he was the 'best swimmer'.

    "What about going to Lion, and thanking him. After all, he was the one who told us to go to Ungali," Antilope quickly said.

   Leopard shrugged, and they all headed East, towards Lion's cave, and getting soaking wet on account of the rain. When they got there, they knocked at the wall beside the opening and Lion started fussing about them making his cave all wet. He insisted that they all shock themselves dry, sit around the fire and drink some hot soup. When he was done, he asked them what they were here for.

    "Well... we just came here to thank you for helping us..." Zebra began

    "Mmm!!! And this soup!! This is the bes- OW!!" Antilope yelped as Leopard elbowed her.

    "Oh, really?? Is that it??" Lion asked, confused.

    "Uh, yeah... why?" Turtle said a bit hesitantly. All the animals looked at each other with confused looks.

    "Oh, um, no reason... err... I've got to go, umm for a few weeks. So, enjoy yourselves!! Bye!" Lion rushed them out into the rain, without taking the soup bowls. They all started staring at the entrance of the cave, wondering what had just happened.

    "What is up with him??" asked Zebra.

    "I don't know, but I'm glad he left us with the soup. When he comes back, I'm asking him for the recip-- WILL YOU STOP THAT??" screamed Antilope when Leopard elbowed him again.

    "Well, personally, I don't care. I'd rather not stand here and get wet. I'm going home. Bye!!" Turtle said, ignoring the glares being exchanged by Antilope and Leopard. They all agreed, and all went to their seperate homes.

    When Turtle woke up the next morning, she noticed that it was still raining, and decided to catch up on her writing. She wrote about how she had saved the day, and all about Ungali. While she was doing that, Lion was frantically checking he had everything for travelling.

   Turtle finally looked up from her writing, and was shocked to see that the water had risen up to the window. She was so surprised, she just started staring out of her window for a few minutes. When she finally started getting over the shock, she called Antilope.

    "Antilope..."

    "Sorry, Turtle, can't talk right now, I have a billion leaks right now, and the water is somehow seeping through the door!!! ARGH!!! Another leak!!" Turtle heard the beeeep tone, and started dialing Leopard's home. This time, Leopard didn't even pick up the phone. Instead Turtle heard:

    Hi, sorry I'm not available to answer your phone call, oh man, It's STILL seeping. PLEASE don't leave a message. OH NO!!!

     Turtle sighed and tried Zebra. It toke a few rings before he picked up.

     "Hey, Turtle.... what's up??" Zebra answered groggily, having just been waken up.

    "Try looking out your window," Turtle said hurridly, glancing quickly out of the window.

     "Why do I have to lo-whoa..."

      "Yeah,"

      "Do you think it'll be ok?? I mean, like, you know,"

      "I don't know,"

       While Zebra and Turtle were having this exchange, Lion was preparing to go to the Ark.

       That's right. This was set thousands of years ago, and apparently, animals had invented phones.



© 2009 she who must not be named


Author's Note

she who must not be named
Forget the spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2218 Views
Added on May 29, 2009
Last Updated on June 1, 2009


Author

she who must not be named
she who must not be named

Canada



About
Name: Keep guessing!!! Age: As IF!!! I'll tell you, I'm not old enough to retire!! Why I'm here: Originally, I was here to read my friend's story, but I've decided to try writing for a change. I kin.. more..

Writing