birthday girl

birthday girl

A Chapter by capn_bribri

I always thought that life was filled with loneliness; that all I would have was my twin sister until I turned 15, and then my world changed.

 

                                     __________________________

 

Dear World,

        Hello, my name is Melony Ann Mckelly. I am 15 years old and I have a twin sister named Darla.

       

        Hello, my name is Darla Ann Mckelly. I am 15 years old and I have a twin sister named Melony.

                                              This is our Letter to you,

 

 

Melony

April 27th, 2010

My Birthday

 

        I stare in the mirror at my long black hair with no waves, my golden brown eyes, and my pale skin; that I share with my twin sister Darla. I think 'I should be happy I'm turning 15!' Then Darla walks in. 

"Hey Dares." I call her by the nickname I gave her when we were kids.

"Ello Mels," Dares had said to me.

I know stupid nicknames, what can I say we were kids.

"Happy Birthday Lil sis," Says Darla.

"Yeah by one minute, so get over yourself."

The thing is we were born on different days, she popped out at 11:59 p.m. and I at 12:00 a.m., she gets the 26th day of April and I get the 27th of April; yes I know it's weird. She comes to stand behind me and lays her head on mine.

"When will mom and dad get home?" I asked.

"I just got a text from mom," she looked at me with a depressed look on her face, "Not till the 19th next month."

"It's not like it's the first time they missed our birthdays." I hold back the tears like I have been doing all my life.

"How about me and you go to the river?" Darla asks.

 

I looked up at her reflection in the mirror,

"Sure," I replied.

I got up and went to the dresser to find my two piece and Darla does the same. I get undressed and put them on then toss on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

 

Darla comes in five minutes later.

"You ready?"She asks.

I jump up off the bed.

"Yes sir" I say whit a grin.

Darla rolls her eyes and smiles,

"Let’s get going freak"

We lock hands and walk out of my room.

"It's not every day we can do this the sun is never out," Darla explains.

"Tell me about it,"

"But I think that’s one of the things I love about Washington"

"Me to I think I may love the rain to much" I had to say. We both laugh. I open the door and Darla walks outside; with our hands still locked I follow. We walk down the old wooden porch then down the stairs to the grass covered ground and start toward the trails.

 

                                      ______________________

 

 

When we reach the river we take off our shirts and shorts and I go over and dip in my toes.

"The water isn't that cold today" I say in surprise.

"Let’s go jump in" Dares says with a big grin.

I smile back.

"Race you" I say

"Ready, set-"I cut her off

"GO!" I yell.

Then I break off into a run going to the big hill to the top of the rock.

"I win" I yell to dares that's half way up the hill.

When she gets to the top she says,

"You cheated" with heave breathe.

I wink at her and we lock hands as we step to the back of the big rock.

"Ready, set, go!" we scream together and dash to the end of the rock and jump 25 feet down into the water. Hands still locked we surface together. We laugh, release hands and float on our backs.

"Oh, I got something waiting for you back at the house" dares says with excitement.

I move up right and rap my legs around her waist and arms around her neck and kiss her cheek.

"What did you get me?!" I ask with a smile.

"Oh no I’m so not telling you, you’re going to have to wait"

"Please" I plea

"No I’m not telling."

"Fine" I let go and cross my arms.

"At least give me a hint." I say

"Okay... it’s... for your birthday!" she teases.

I roll my eyes and swim over to the log that’s about two inches from the water top and sit on it.

"So what do you want to do today?" Dares asks.

"Curl up in my bed and watch the little mermaid." I say.

Yes I know but it’s my favorite movie. Darla comes over to the log and gets on and faces me. She rolls her eyes and says,

"LOL, okay."

                                         _______________________

 

About two hours later we get out and start to dry off.

"That was fun." I say.

We lock arms and head up the hill.

"I love swimming." dares says

"LOL, there’s another thing we both like." I say.

When we reach the top of the hill darla stops, I look back at her.

"You okay?" I ask

"Did you see that?"

"See what dares?"

"Never mind"

I stare at her.

"Let’s go."

She says.

She starts walking and I follow. She stops again.

"Dares are you okay?"

She grabs my hand and starts to run.

"Darla what’s going on?!" I yell, then I see a woman walking toward us and I start to run faster. I trip and take dares down with me. I see the woman again then she appears in front of us. She has long flowing silver hair and eyes so blue they could be white she looks about 20 and has pale white skin I feel a tap on my shoulder, my eyes start closing then every things so dark. Now there is nothing but empty darkness.



© 2013 capn_bribri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its cute. Really it is. I like the fact that it left off right at the beginning of the beginning. I think you should clean up the capitialization, the sentence repetitive with the "she say, I say" Get more creative with it. "She exclaims." or "I mumble" or something like that. I'm sorry, nit picky and all. Its an alright story. Keep adding to it please

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 26, 2013


Author

capn_bribri
capn_bribri

kent, WA



About
Im 17 and when im not shy im really hyper . I have 7 peircings my snake bites , tongue , both sides of my nose and gauges (: I live in washington and no not washington DC just plain old washington whe.. more..

Writing