Specter's Of The Night - 4

Specter's Of The Night - 4

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper

 The park had been a safe haven for Alex in his youth, a quiet get away when ever there were too many thoughts running through his head. Tonight the park lacked its refreshing quality's, instead filling his bones with a hallow chill and the harsh winter bore down upon his curled frame. Alex pulled his coat around himself, shivering violently as the cold reached out its ghastly fingers.

Alex leaned back against his little alcove and examined his surrounds. His mind warping the common sounds and shapes into harsh cackles and taunting whispers. He pulled his coat tighter around himself and tucked his head into his knee's, peeking timidly over his shivering kneecaps.
A cat scurried across the road along the side of the park. Its fur a soft fluffy barrier to the world around it. Despite the cold ,the air was still, almost as if frozen in time ,not a breeze disturbed the frosty landscape. Alex's eyes had began to distort the night shadows before him, the big weeping willows that possessed the park like ominous demons to his over-active imagination. He found himself staring for hours, dazing in and out of completely conscious thought and the strange nightmarish reality's before him. 
Alex had a very over-active imagination he always had, him and his little protege had often had adventures alongside the monsters he conjured up. Journeying to far away lands on tin boats. By age he was a teenager but his mind was still capable of the childish wonders that his little friend had reveled in. Alex had never really been afraid of those things before, but the absence of a companion to travel with him was weighing heavy upon his shoulders. He felt alone and isolated, underneath a tree in the deserted park. Haunted by the specter's of darkness that morphed the world around him.
Alex wept like an abandoned child, his tears seeping down his face and staining his frozen cheeks. 
"Im so sorry.... im so sorry..Leo. im so f*****g sorry" He managed to blurt out before the tears consumed his voice box and left him unable to utter another word.


© 2012 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper