Rain boy

Rain boy

A Story by Ama May Cooper
"

Another suicide story. not on eo fmy best

"

Standing on the edge of the roof, i let the rain pour over my shivering body. There's a strange beauty about the rain the way it splits and dances on contact. I wipe the rain from my eyes mixed in with my tears. Sitting down in the wet puddles, i let my feet dangle over the edge of the roof. Each raindrop sending a peacful signal of lonliness through my soul. I like to be alone when its raining, i like to feel it hitting me. My short sleeved t-shirt sticking to my skin  drenched to the core. Rain is a blessing i always say, saves us from going thirsty and showers us with cool simplicity during the hot months. Today wasnt particularly hot, infact it was freezing , the middle of winter, but i needed to get away and this was where i came to let the tears fall. This was where i came to detach myself from teh world, to watch the raindrops beat down upon the ant like humans below me. I felt like a god up here, i used to pretend to shoot people with the rain drops but im to old for such sillyness now. My mother throwns upon my games, the way i play about with things i shouldent, she hates my obsesssion with rain. Reaching for teh cane when i come back inside dripping innocently on the carpet. I wont go home tonight tho, im not planning on ever going home or ever going anywhere. Just sit her for a while and make my final moments matter. Let the rain pour over me and clense my soul of the bad deeds, let it wash me clean and take my innocence. Slowly i push myself closer to the edge as the rain picks up and comes down harder. It will wash my blood clean of the sidewalk, just like i wanted, hopefully my body to and noone will ever kno where my secet place was, what my inentions where. And with that i push myself fully over, a smile across my face as my drenched body make solid and lasting impact with the ground.

© 2009 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haunting! It'd be soooo much better if you checked your spelling and grammar, though. Remember to capitalise the word "I", and watch your typing when you type "the".

"peacful" should be "peaceful

In this sentence, "I like to be alone when its raining" you used "its" when you should have used "it's", which is a contraction for "it is". "Its" is for showing ownership.

"lonliness" should be "loneliness".

"wasnt" needs to have an apostrophe so it is "wasn't"

"infact" should be two words: "in fact"

"im" is another word that needs an apostrophe and capital "I" so it's "I'm".

"throwns" needs to be "frowns".

"shouldent" is spelt incorrectly. It should be "shouldn't".

"clense" has an "a" in it so it looks like this: "cleanse".

"It will wash my blood clean of the sidewalk" needs to have "off" rather than "of".

"hopefully my body to and noone will ever kno where my secet place was, what my inentions where" should be: "hopefully, my body too so no one will ever know where my secret place was, and what my intentions were".

Fix up these kinds of errors and your writing will take on a more professional look, and the full weight of what you're conveying will be seen by the reader. Good luck with your writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The philosophy used was quite impressive. The details were very well written. There were a few typos here and there. Nothing a good proof read cant fix =]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2009

Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper