Summer Lovers

Summer Lovers

A Story by Carolene
"

Summer is here and these are the best five ways to fall in love...

"

                             Summer Loving

 

It’s summer, a grand time to have a grand time having a grand time…

 The best part of summer for me is always finding something (NEW) fresh, fun, flirtatious…

First- on the agenda is a summer crush, someone beyond beautiful, whom you will never meet to dream innocently about during those long hot summer nights. Not necessary the man of your dreams, but the man in your dreams.

2nd) laughter…like the coffee commercial the best part of my day is that unexpected smile that comes from a moment of sheer brilliants when you are caught off guard by the clever muses of another.

Third- food-need I say more…no other time of the year provides such a bounty of most, supple, divine, beautifully colored foods. Fresh farm picked veggies, homemade breads and berries, each waiting to please your every whim.

4th (Music looking back into your childhood (High school is a good place to start)for the sounds that move your body, stepping back in time can be magic, freedom from being an adult for a short while is divine.

Five -Water I have lived my life in water, swimming the lakes and river of my town, sharing the space with the fishes, hutting for treasure on the river beds and sand dunes that cover the coast lines in my home state. Water is where I find peace and solace, floating, driving, and splashing around water fills my soul like no other element on earth.

#1) my summer crush: Benedict Cumberbatch- remember the key requirement here was beautiful. Mr. Cumberbatch is both stunning and kind. An intelligent actor, Benny (Sorry love, my crush my nick name) seems to pick roles with both wit and wisdom. Tall, with striking green eye that could melt away my pant…his smile is both wide and curious, I find him to be the perfect summer crush.

#2) Comedies over the radio waves has been my big discovery this summer, for your listening pleasure I bring you Cabin Pressure. Written by John Finnemore

Set in a small airline business, Cabin Pressure is a comedy about the wing and a prayer world of a tiny, one-plane charter airline staffed by two pilots - one on his way down, and one who was never up to start with. Whether they're flying squaddies to Hamburg, metal sheets to Mozambique, transporting lads on a stag night or shifting a panther for the odd oil sheik, no job is too small - but many jobs prove to be too difficult - for MJN Air!

The airline is run by forbidding divorcee Carolyn Knapp-Shappey who, at last, aged 64, is free of her awful husband, but pleasingly not free of his private jet. Her two pilots are the smooth, experienced and almost certainly fired-by-a-big-airline-for-all-round-naughtiness Douglas, and the struggling, almost competent sweaty young captain Martin. General help is provided by Carolyn's dim-witted son Arthur.

 

Captain Martin Crieff- Played by Benedict Cumberbatch

First Officer- played by Roger Allam

Carolyn Knapp-Shappey, Owner of MJN air- played by Stephanie Cole

Arthur Shappey- dim witted son- played by the (Great) John Finnmore

God Bless them this is the funniest British Comedy ever, you can find it on The British Comedy Guide- homepage under comedy (which is where I found this information)

Buy the DVD’s "best gift ever

3rd Food Alright people this one is on you, feed yourself well, visit your local farmer’s market (we have great one that happens every wed and sat morning) re-discover a old haunt that is run by a mom and pop team (best food ever). Cook in the kitchen music playing nothing on, but your apron….

4) I can’t start to tell you how much fun it is to dance like its 1999

Twirling around in my living room with my children to the music I danced to at the prom is loads of fun. Their wide eyes and dropped jaws in surprised to my singing (off key) to the remixed songs of their youth. (Mom how do you know that song?) Really…

5) WATER….When I hit the water either at the river or the beach I find a tranquil moment inside myself.

 I am whole and in the comfort of nature. The waves sweep along the beach and over my bare feet, toes deep under the sand. The sounds and the smells take over my body, I stand still and look out into the ocean, and for the moment in time I am transported beyond my reality. The rivers where I live are so clear and pure you can see to their bottoms. I place my hand in the water at the river’s edge and wait for tiny fish to swim across it, nibbling at my fingers like little kisses…

These are my Summer Lovers, calling to me playing with me, holding me tight until fall makes her appearance, and I replace flip-flip and shorts for cashmere sweaters and knee high booths.

 Take stock of who you are and who you want to be and have fun this summer.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Carolene


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on July 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 12, 2011
Tags: summer, radio, water, beach, food, music, cabin pressure, fun, dance

Author

Carolene
Carolene

TX



About
Blogger of the half baked...witty...and sometimes a good point of view... more..

Writing
Summer Lovers Summer Lovers

A Story by Carolene


PET PEEVES PET PEEVES

A Story by Carolene


Imagination Imagination

A Story by Carolene