Life

Life

A Story by J Stylez
"

Another random thought from a very random guy.

"
Sometimes life is. There's no rhyme or reason, no real explanation as to why things happen or whom they happen to. It just is. There are many who try to give life meaning. They fill it with substances, sex, material wealth, relationships, or even religion. Some find the answer they've been looking for, any answer to bridge the gap life creates for everyone. But most continue to shuffle along blindly, oblivious to what really awaits them: Uncertainty. It's the boogieman. The monster under the bed. The sum of all fears. 
Not knowing is more terrifying than death itself. You can't prepare for something you no nothing about. It can be paralyzing, even maddening, for those who need order and routine to make them feel like they have some control over what they do. The unknown is chaos in it's purist form. An all consuming darkness that test the brave and devours the weak-minded. It is ever-present and cannot be explained. It cannot be reasoned with. It cannot be mastered. It cannot be defeat. It cannot be understood. It is life and it simply "Is".

© 2013 J Stylez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013
Tags: unknown, fear, brave, scare, death, meaning, hole, void, faith, religion, ideology, mortality

Author

J Stylez
J Stylez

Raleigh, NC



About
more..

Writing
Run Run

A Story by J Stylez