You Know You Need a Salad When:

You Know You Need a Salad When:

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

Just a few things I've noticed in the last couple of weeks...

"

You Know You Need A Salad When:

 

You have to polish your toenails in a runner’s stretch:  one leg underneath, knee to chin and the other leg stretched behind you because bending at the waist cuts off your circulation.

 

Your friends ask you if you’re using a new product on your face �" “Your wrinkles are barely there, anymore!”, and you tell them it’s a new diet:  of Double Stuffed Oreos, Nacho Flavored Doritos, and Milky Ways.  Fat Cells, not Cindy Crawford’s magic French melons.

 

Your Spanx just prevents jiggle, doesn’t change the silhouette, sucking it in can only be sustained for 3.2 minutes and is now, in your opinion, an Olympic event.

 

Your feet are a half size bigger.

 

You want to celebrate the birthday of the person who designed the tunic.

 

You actually order a salad, but with a side of loaded baked potato complete with extra butter and sour cream.

 

Life has no meaning without mashed potatoes and fried…well, anything.

 

You laugh when you step up to order food, say “One of everything”, but you really mean it in your cholesterol choked heart and wish your paycheck would actually cover that order.

 

You consider everything less than 500 calories to be “diet” or “lite”.

 

You demurely refuse dessert…after four breadsticks and a lumberjack portion of Chicken Alfredo. 

 

You have to move the driver’s seat back but you claim it’s because air bags can kill you.

 

You finally have boobage, but that “sexy” bra pushes them up under your chin and they now seem a little threatening that close to your throat.

 

You tell your friends you’re “packing” and they assume it’s a gun.  They’re right…but it’s really because running is simply out of the question.

 

And this ends all the humiliation my fat a*s can take today, so Bite Me!   No…really, take a big bite outta the crime that has become my body! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Carol Cashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Do you know what I discovered? Well I used to have a HUGE appetite and always hungry. Then it transpired that I was milk intolerant (it was playing havoc with my digestion and absorption of food, apparently) Then I went dairy free, and now that my body is actually absorbing the nutrients I need, I am hardly ever hungry. I am enjoying my food and actually losing weight! But I enjoyed your story, it is a humorous reminder of what yet might be!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you want to see it) I have no such issues. I absorb .. read more
I read this after looking at recipes for cheesecake. All because I want to have a slice of cheesecake dipped in dark chocolate on a popsicle stick. Also, it is time for deep fried turkey.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

6 Years Ago

Now, I really want to fry a turkey....
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

And I really want mashed potatoes and turkey giblet gravy....
Jon Roggie

6 Years Ago

Let me see. One large container of peanut oil, one 13 pound turkey, at least five pounds of potato.. read more
Hilarious! Very poignant descriptions that get the point across along with a few laughs. I used to eat like the world was ending, but for the past couple months I've made an effort to eat better. I know doing so has a laundry list of health benefits, but reading this story and all the delicious descriptions of food sparked my cravings. Just need a little willpower, right? Haha . . . (sigh)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Yes, suddenly anything with at least a stick of butter in it, or triple fried, or covered in heavy c.. read more
oh so funny and true to life. i think that the end where you pop your head out of the writing to take that final breath as the narrator directing people to bite you which is a punny ending to be sure. the adjectives were mixing together with the flow of words very well in lots of places.. and i thought about the work that goes into making excuses. these were clever points lending humour to every challenge faced, and the pacing worked well. good job

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this rant. If every word weren't true, I'd laugh with you, but I will take a .. read more
Ohhh you totally sounds like you(in the mirror)........

Posted 6 Years Ago


AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

No iam a true faker...
Only one fake profile
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Hmmm....whatever you say...But, can "true" and "faker" be combined with any real meaning? I think y.. read more
AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

Now, now you sounds dangerous..........

So pass your time with whatever...

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

757 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2017
Last Updated on August 8, 2017
Tags: fiction, humor

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..