NATE UPDATE

NATE UPDATE

A Story by Carol Cashes

Well, the latest news is that Nate missed the Yucatan, which would have slowed it down a little, but we looking at a possible Cat 2 storm now.  Predictions are still focusing on Mobile, which is approximately 60 miles from me, soooo.....
However, we learned from Katrina that one little wobble could send that sucker right up my street!  Winds are at 70 mph and the pressure is dropping, which means it's strengthening, and moving at 22 miles per hour.  Gonna get here sooner than earlier estimated.
Right now, we're getting a little wind, not much, but it has that crazy element of stillness contained in the breezes...does that make sense?  I've always noticed it and others just think I'm being weather weird, but I swear, right before a hurricane, the wind has a stillness in it.  
Dogs are sleeping, B. is watching some boring war flick...*ugh* and I'm reading a young writer's work that is fascinating and educating me about transgender and knowing for sure if one is or not.  Oh, and our old friend whose hatred for Silente so consumes them that all reason, and apparently their vocabulary just goes right out the window.  Exact same rhetoric, exact same words.  I knew I recognized the language in a review they did, and they proceeded to confirm my suspicions.  Oh, well...just know that according to this vulgar and condescending asshat - we're all hacks who are just using rearranging other people's words and calling them our own and if we had any real talent we'd already be famous.  HA!  My ship named Fame and Fortune sailed many moons ago and I'm okay with it.  In fact, I'm sure if I'd jumped that ship, I probably would have contracted Ebola or some other viral and heinous stomach malady...
Well, no film at 11, but as long as I the laptop is charged, even if I lose power I can tether my phone and use it as a hotspot for posting.
When I have news...so will you.
Later, Cafe, have a strong coffee with me on this night of nights....

© 2017 Carol Cashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Rumours that you upset Mother Nature, Carol.
They're totally unfounded. I'm with you girl.
Well I'm watching the football, that's just like being in the storm.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Firing another hurricane at us, I guess Mother Nature must be pissed at the US.
For the years I've been on this site, I've seen lots of feuding and work-stealing among poetry-writers, but never among story-writers. What could it mean?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

There's only so many ways you can say: My heart bleeds tears of loneliness and I will soon be drai.. read more
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Actually, this is OUR first one since Katrina, and I'm bettin' that shrinks are writing scrips for v.. read more
That calm before the storm is one of those classic old-folk concepts that is actually true.
Lash yourself to something and ride Nate out.
Great read!--wherever it came from.



Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

I can attest to that calm before the storm. The clouds are already moving in, and lower areas prone.. read more
I pray for you and hope nothing untoward happens. Loved what I read,the way you have described the situation got me hooked. Hang on

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on October 7, 2017
Tags: non-fiction

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..