NATE UPDATE 4

NATE UPDATE 4

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

Jim Cantore has lost his mojo

"
Everyone knows the big joke that wherever Jim Cantore is (Weather Channel), that's where the s**t hits the fan, so to speak.  Well, folks, he's in Mobile, Alabama and Nate is headed for a point between New Orleans and Waveland, MS, which puts us within 20 miles of the center of this storm and the east quadrant, which you may remember is the most turbulent and dangerous.
So, as anxiety begins to become more than a condition we discuss, and some very real sufferers of PTSD from Katrina, many who literally escaped with their lives by doing such unbelievable things like taking an axe to their roofs in the attic to escape the storm surge, are poppin' those recently filled Valium and Xanax scripts as we speak.  Pray for them, first.  This is like reliving a nightmare for them.
Pray for us all, but don't forget to pray that those of us who were fortunate the first time around with Katrina, and could provide assistance, transportation, ice, and just plain comfort by crying with them are up to the task again. 
Yes, Katrina was a Cat 5, and so far, Nate is a Cat 1, but winds and storm surge vary by small degrees on the scale NOAA uses, and tornadoes just don't give a damn what rating you give it's host...those parasites can wipe out homes during severe thunderstorms...a Cat 1 is like a kegger to a frat boy.
I mentioned before that I'm sensitive to weather changes, especially any relating to pressure in the air or whatever...my skin is tight and the air is literally squeezing my head.  No, I don't have a headache, but I feel that storm coming and the contrary, ornery old b***h in me wants to stand out there and shake my fist at the sky - "Bring it, Nate, ya punk-a*s, you ain't s**t!".  But....I am a grown woman with neighbors and a husband who only half believes I'm crazy as a March hare, so I'd jus' soon not give him anything to use against me later and provide neighbors as witnesses for the prosecution.  
This is Miz Carol, reporting live from Biloxi, MS on October 7th, 2017.
Back to you, Cafe....

© 2017 Carol Cashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Though every prospect may not be comforting, this is a hopeful, helpful and entertaining report.
(Not anxious to become a fan of Jim Cantore.)

Posted 6 Years Ago


You go, girl! Teach that hurricane not to mess with you. Seriously Miz C., thank you for your great updates (with style!). Am praying for you and all affected and all who will be rescuing and helping. Praying is a full-time job these days. 🙏

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Hey, I'm a rookie journalist whose first gig has a global audience...I'm golden, baby. And yes, I t.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

I love it- “walk-ins”! I’m always walkin’ in too! You are the best Miz C.
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Not yet, Miss Annette, but little Miss Sassy Ginger Zee on Good Morning America better watch her bac.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on October 7, 2017
Tags: non-fiction

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing