TOYS FROM THE DAY

TOYS FROM THE DAY

A Story by Justin
"

Toys that I grew up playing with and how I was able to use my imagination :)

"
When I was growing up in the 1990s, toys were totally different from toys today. I was big into legos, gi joe, power rangers, and many more toys.
Gi Joe was the king. He even had this own tv cartoon show. I use to dress them up with different clothes. I would give them different things like weapons, clothes, boots, and helmets. I had a case to put all that stuff in. I was able to use my imagination when I played with them. I would send hours playing with them.

Legos were something that you could build anything with, whether it is buildings, creatures, and many more awesome things. There were different sets and you could play with them together. There was dinosaurs, Star Wars, and many more awesome sets. I would send hours playing them and never get bored. I even had the lego magazine and take the ideas from the magazine and put them together to make something awesome into my awesome creation.

I noticed that many of the toys today, dont have that kind of stuff. To me, they also take away from the kids using their imagination. That is my opinion. I think that is one of the most important things that kids need to have is their imagination.

Thanks for listening.

© 2015 Justin


Author's Note

Justin
Please know what you guys think:) thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I say, you had more legos than me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


._. I just...there are...this post...

*chews phone book in half*

What even is this?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yeah true and a very good point. Toys today teach only to win do business and nothing else

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

thanks :) :) :) i agree with you :)
Ii believe in encouraging the use of imagination for all children...i provided my daughter with pens and paper and read to her often...she now writes some very fine stories...the most memorable thing my mother told me was..."boredom is the disease of a lazy mind"...she encourage creative use of our minds and we were never bored...i agree with your words about toys and the imaginative use of them...legos were very good for that...thank you for sharing...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great stuff. Although I played more with Girly toys lol Still a great poem. Toys aren't what they used to be are they? Imagination used to rule

Posted 8 Years Ago


what an adorable puppy, my neighbor just bought one just like it, so cute they named it Jasper. I agree with the sentiments here, toys were built more back then for development, today it is more to occupy attention.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great job. I feel like I've been put into your past. I can feel your missing of them. You know what? You're never too old to feel like a kid again! Get those Legos out and build something new! Using your imagination is something powerful. The best creators have used their imaginations! Great work on this writing and keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

Life is life and I believe there's no way of stopping it without God!
Justin

8 Years Ago

i agree with u :)
Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

That's good! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2015
Last Updated on June 8, 2015

Author

Justin
Justin

WV



About
I enjoy writing, It is like a save haven. more..

Writing
SURPRISE SURPRISE

A Story by Justin


Self Self

A Poem by Justin


penpals penpals

A Story by Justin