HARD JOB

HARD JOB

A Story by Justin
"

Being a single parent is one of the hardest jobs.

"

      To me, being a single parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world. Me and my lil sister were raised by a single mom for 4 years. She did the best she could for us.

     Being raised by a single parent from experience, is extremely hard. The single parent has to sacrifice more then what two parent families do because it is only them and they are doing by themselves without any help. They are give up more to support themselves and their kids. The single parent gives up their dreams and things they want to do, to provide a better life for their kids. It is a struggle but at the end of the day the struggle is worth it for the single parent, seeing their kids going on to do great things and have families of their own. At the end of the day, as the single parent never the best they could for there kids, then they have something to be proud of.

© 2015 Justin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I myself was raised by a single parent. So I know how hard it must have been. Although, i am happy it was the way it was, cause I would not have turned out as well as I did. I thanked my mom so many times for everything she did for us.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Justin

6 Years Ago

thanks :) i think u gain more respect for wat parents go through that way
It's great that you can recognize the hardship of your mother. Being a mother is difficult, especially for a single parent, and many children don't realize or acknowledge it. I like the note this story ends on.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Justin

6 Years Ago

thanks :) I try to recognize this bc it was important to me
So sweet that you appreciate everything your mother did/does for you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Justin

6 Years Ago

thanks :) I can relate to ppl who grew up in a one parent household
Taylor

6 Years Ago

I partially can as well, haha.
Justin

6 Years Ago

it is hard but they have to give up things to give their kids a better life
I am a single parent of 3, and yes it is very hard...but I do what I can, ..and I hope that in the end it all pays off and my kids will look back and say yes they had a very good childhood.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

thanks :) :) :) I admire u a lot for taking care of kids :) it will pay off :)
This is very true, I like it a lot!

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sue
I agree with this story. Though I am not a single mother, I have family members that are and it's hard. Single moms have to do everything for the children and rarely anything for themselves that's why I commend them. I always say being a mother is a job, but being a single mother is double the work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You're absolutely right, Justin! I was raised by a single mom as well, and it is a hard job! I tip my hat to all the parents, especially the single parents, who never give up, pour themselves into their children, and do everything within their power to meet their needs. Thanks for sharing your appreciation of your mom, who it sounds like, did just that.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great story. Yeah single parents do have struggles just as much as two parent homes do but they get through it any way they need to. Nice story =)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

thanks Amanda ;) :)
Thank you for sharing your story with us :) Hopefully, more people will become aware of how single parents have it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

thanks :) :) :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015

Author

Justin
Justin

WV



About
I enjoy writing, It is like a save haven. more..

Writing
SURPRISE SURPRISE

A Story by Justin


Self Self

A Poem by Justin


penpals penpals

A Story by Justin