Into the Unknown

Into the Unknown

A Story by Ashley
"

A creepy noise awakens a young man, and he looks for the source of the sound.

"

   The ear-shattering scream echoed throughout the rooms of the creaky house. It had to have been loud enough to awaken the neighbors. Immediately, Sean ran to his closet and grabbed for the first object he saw; a baseball bat. How original, he thought. Sean hurried down the stairs; the house shook with each step that was made. He made sure to grab the banister rail for support so he wouldn't topple down the uneven steps.


           Finally, his destination at the bottom of the stairs was reached. The eerie shriek decided to make its next distressed cry. Frightened, Sean didn't realize the baseball bat had fallen from his hands. The next thing he heard was the powerful bang the fallen bat created on the tainted floor. Panicked, Sean ran into the kitchen, rapidly moving his hands left and right along the many walls. The light switch was engulfed in darkness, and being shook up, he was unable to find it.


           After several failed attempts, Sean ran for another light switch, which sat silently across the living room. Half way through the room he tripped over the wooden bat; which he forgotten even existed; creating a loud thud. Lying on the floor; half dazed; he heard the yelling once more followed by a faint scratching noise that seemed to be coming from beneath him. The noise sounded similar to nails on a chalkboard. The sounds seemed to be coming from the cranky basement.


           Sean rolled to his knees and crawled across the floor, till he found the wall. He used it to prop himself upwards; finding the light switch while doing so. The lamp flickered on; it cast shadows throughout the mysterious room. Quickly, he walked over to the wooden bat, and picked it up again. A new noise erupted, this time there was banging coming from inside the kitchen. Sean closed his eyes and walked slowly over to the room. He leaned on the wall, reached his arm around the corner, and pushed the light switch up. The room illuminated in light.


           Terrified, he tilted his head around the corner of the wall. He scanned the kitchen with his eyes, but Sean's focus centered on the basement door. This time he heard an overwhelming growling that echoed throughout the room, and it sounded closer than ever. Sean now knew whatever was behind that door was source of the disturbing noises. He gripped the baseball bat tightly in his left hand; ready to strike.


           Sean crept up to the basement door. The yelping got louder as he moved forward. He held the baseball bat up by his head. He stared at the door knob for several seconds, and decided its now or never. Sean turned the silver handle; preparing for the worst. He could feel his heart picking up speed as he swiftly yanked the door open. Staring down the darkened stairs; he saw nothing.


           Seconds later, he felt something brush past his right leg. Sean's head whipped around almost immediately to see the shadowy figure that just pasted him. Looking at the ground, he shook his head in disappointment. Sitting before him was a shaggy black, and gray kitten. Who looked like it hadn't eaten in weeks. Sean peered back into the basement, noticing the inside of the door was aligned with scratch marks. Well that explains all the noises he thought. He picked up the lonely kitten, and walked over to the refrigerator. Sean grabbed a piece of roast beef, and placed it and the kitten onto the floor. What a night, he thought. Just as these words left his head the kitchen light shut off, and a faint laughing sounded throughout the creaky house.

 

© 2009 Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that's creepy and sounds like sean...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009
Tags: unknown weird noises night

Author

Ashley
Ashley

claymont, DE



About
Ive been writing for about 6 years now, and I mostly write short stories, poems, and song lyrics. Most of my writing is based on death, and sorrow. I've been pondering about starting to write horror s.. more..

Writing
Inner most fear Inner most fear

A Story by Ashley


As I Pass By As I Pass By

A Poem by Ashley