Another Day, Another Day

Another Day, Another Day

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)

I’m running, Running towards something. I can’t stop, my breathing is laboured but I’m running, no matter what I will get her, even if it‘s the last thing I do. I hear a yell of a girl and I see blue eyes then it’s gone, the monster won, again.

I roll onto my back and open my green eyes then groan loudly, another day, another day. I look at the white alarm clock, it reads 7:30 a. m

I curse under my breath I hate it when I wake up early. I turn my head to my left and see the lavish city of New Toronto, seeing it’s brightness and luxury makes me choke and feel anger pumping through my chest, another sign I am part Outsider. I’ve never felt part of the city, never. Maybe it was because I was more quieter or wasn’t the most popular or maybe because I was a M.E.B. I wasn’t fully Insider but I had ignorant tendencies but I also wasn’t full Outsider but I still had slight temper issues and could get violent if anyone hurt my few friends or family. Not many people know what I am or what I’ve came from. If the wrong people found out, I would be kicked out and left to fend for myself outside the concrete wall.

I did want change but they forced us back down on our knees, we are their b*****s.

I slowly rub the sleep out of my eyes and get out of the warm bed. Even though most of North America was destroyed the chilly climate up north still lingers.

I run my fingers through my messy mop of black hair and light blue dyed hair, messing it up if it wasn’t already. I trudge across the white carpeted room with black walls and yawn. Another day, Another day.

I walk through the door and slowly walk down the stairs, I see Brenda and Luke the blond haired brown eyes twins fly down the stairs. I’m too god damn tired to tell them that one they’ll slip down the polished wood stairs and harm themselves.

Last night was a killer, the haunting dreams of the debate on last night between letting some Outsiders get in and then sending them out again with knowledge of sanity. The one who was for this agreement was Kendall Sheppard a dark haired wide blue eyed leader of The B.E.F.A who wears a black eye patch over his left eye because he lost it fighting the good fight and the one who opposed was my “close minded” uncle, John Pierce a blue eyed, grey haired, full blooded Insider with puffy duck lips.

I am always torn between family and my beliefs.

Kendall has a sister who I know from school, she is shut out by everyone and is hated because of her family but she doesn’t complain. She spends too much time in the sketch book to notice the comments. I think her name is Kat or something like that, I don’t know I’ve talked to her once and I got stares.

Even I’m not the most shut out person in the school.

I get to the grey and white polished kitchen and sit down on the wooden chair, I slump my head in my hands,

“Another day Another day” I repeat.

“Are you ok Hunter?” Luke asks as his little blond head peeks over the table.

Luke and Brenda are only six and are the only reason why I’m not in the nut house or on the outside. I want to make sure they live normal.

Both of them are adopted from the outside. Some mother from their dropped them on the large castle like doors and the council accepted them with open arms, unlike me in some way.

I guess being a full of a Insider or Outsider is better than being a M.E.B.

“Yea, I just had a long night.” I reply with a loud yawn.

“Aw poor Hun Hun.” Brenda pipes up.

“I guess so Bren.” I smile.

Luke was more louder then Brenda and rushed through everything while Brenda liked to stop and sniff the flowers.

My father rushes down the stairs tying his tie in civil fashion. He looks like an Insider but is an undercover Outsider who managed to get inside. He changed his name from Joseph to Ian Collins. His rare green eyes and permanently dyed brown hair with a tiny bit of black peeking out, he has broad shoulders and an oval face like mine, his slim nose also like mine.

I am built a little differently, I am skinny frame but tall with some meat on my bones.

“Hey dad.” I chirp looking at him.

Mom says that I am my father if he was a true Insider. Her dark brown hair tied up and wearing one of my dad’s old t-shirts with yoga pants.

Sometimes I forget that they picked each other over the odds.

Her extremely rare creamy skin seems to have some tan in them and her hazel eyes filled with sleepiness but also happiness.

I also forget that they are only in their early thirties and they are still happy.

“Hello Hun, Hey Luke and Bren.” He smiles back.

He pecks both of the twins forehead and gives me a shake on the hand, sine I’m too old for kisses from dad.

“Hello Jose- I mean Ian.” Mom smiles kissing him.

She calls him the wrong name sometimes, thankfully in private

“Mommy! Bacon! Bacon!” Brenda squeals, not paying attention to the name mess up.

Neither of the twins know about their foster parents past or that they are adopted

Mom quickly turns her attention back to the food before it burns.

Part of me feels right at home with my family but part of me feels like I am the alien in this perfect home, full of laughter and smiles while I’m seem hung over.

Mom puts the food on our plates and sits down at the end of the table and Dad sits at the other end.

This perfect family has it’s alien, me.



© 2012 Toasty (Erin)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2012


Author

Toasty (Erin)
Toasty (Erin)

Canada



About
I am a young writer who spends too much tim with books and notebooks. I love to read and write, I can write a short story in uncer a day and I can finish off a book in under 24 hours if I stayed up lo.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Toasty (Erin)


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5