They are crazy, They are insane, Ignore them

They are crazy, They are insane, Ignore them

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)

I go to one of the tables in the back with my head held high. I see Misha Cardinal and Jared Lopez-Cardinal sitting there, Misha picking at his food and Jared being nervous as usual by looking around not paying any attention to the food in front of him.

Jared is a prime example that the government that runs this place isn’t as efficient, they killed Jared’s family when he was ten because they had a suspicion that his father was part of an underground rebellion, which was false then got kicked out of the city into the Outside for a week but was saved when Misha‘s family took him in. Jared is now paranoid and trusts no one, he barely trust’s Misha’s family sometimes, locking himself away and doesn’t come out for days because he’s afraid that they might come back. Jared’s brown eyes look dead and paranoid, he has nothing to live for. He knows it, everyone does. He was put into the worst conditions for something they did, now I know what B.E.F.A stands for. They stand for better equality, for both Insiders and Outsiders but greed keeps the government winning the game. People turning against B.E.F.A make them win even more. What happened to Jared was apparently planned and fulfilled by B.E.F.A but Jared remembers the white and navy blue uniforms of the soldiers slaughtering everyone while he hid in a closet.

I shake my head and sit down on the bench that connects to the table.

“Hey.” I say.

Jared snaps his attention to me and a fake smile pins at his lips.

“Hi Hunter how are you?” He asks.

I look at Misha and his wide black eyes hold concern. His dark complexion seems lighter, he seems sick.

“Are you ok?” I mouth to him.

Misha nods.

Jared plays with the small cup full of soup in it with the metal spoon in his hand.

Misha bites his lips, hoping for the worst.

“Uh Jared are you, me, Misha, Gill and Connor meeting at The Rec centre tonight?” I ask.

Jared looks up with a small scowl on his olive coloured face “Yes, well unless you have to deal with something with the President.”

“Not tonight, not any night to be honest. I’m kind of separating my self from him. I am not his son so I shouldn‘t be thrown into this” I lie in a quiet voice putting my elbows on the table.

I’m not ready to face my uncle, at least not yet. I think of Kat’s weak figure on that chair, scared almost and how the government made her this outcast, this monster that doesn’t exist. I know she is good but I know she may have some blood on her hands as well.

“That’s good.” Misha Pipes up.

He knows I’m lying, Jared doesn’t. He trusts me but I have to lie to make sure he sees me as friend not foe.

“So what happened with that Beef girl?” Misha asks.

“First it’s B.E.F.A and she accidentally punched me.” I defend.

“How does someone accidentally punch someone else?” Jared questions looking back at us.

“She was trying to punch another girl who was giving her trouble but ended up knocking me out cold.” I defend.

“Wow Beef girl gotta punch.” Misha chuckles.

“It’s B.E.F.A.” I scowl.

“Same thing.” He shrugs.

Jared look to his left “She is here, I see her.”

Misha and I both look in Jared direction.

I see blue eyes, paint covered jeans and now black low cut t-shirt. It’s Kat and she looks more like a rebel in the movies then what her brother looks like on T.V, suit, tie and politeness. He is what my dad calls a rebel in disguise then again II do believe him because my dad is an outsider in disguise.

Everyone gives her death glares or teenage boy hungry stares. Everyone hates her but she looks nice and has curves in all the right place.

I slam my forehead on to my palm, what am I think. I maybe still thinking about my choices but she is still the second hand woman of B.E.F.A. She is the face of the youth of that group I run my fingers through my miss mash hair and sigh, don’t look.

“Yo, she is coming towards us.” Misha says.

My head snaps up and I look around franticly like Jared does. She is no where. I look over at Misha and narrow my eyes.

“She isn’t coming, Misha lied.” Jared points out looking at me.

“I know.” I reply.

Misha erupts in laughter, oh I wish I could just smack the grin off of his face but I can’t afford another chat from Mr. Young today.

“What would you have done if she came over here?” Misha asks through his laughs.

“Probably tell her that I’m still mad at her for hitting me and maybe show her that I‘m not weak.” I lie.

Jared looks at me, he knows I am a liar, he knows but he will never tell anyone about my plan, to join B.E.F.A when I graduate.

I would probably tell her that this isn’t safe and we could meet somewhere else.

The bell rings with is loud noise making my head hurt even more.

“Well we better scat, right Jared?” Misha asks.

Jared nods and gulps down his now cold soup.

“You coming Jared?” Misha asks standing up.

“In a minute.” He replies.

Misha gets up with no question and leaves.

When he is far enough away Jared looks at me, I see some fire in his eyes.

“What’s wrong Jared?” I ask looking at me.

He looks at his torn white sleeves then back at me.

“I can’t tell you but I woke up from another nightmare and I wrote this down. You want change right?” He asks in a loud whisper which cannot be heard to anyone else over the loud rumble of the room.

“Yes, show me.” I reply quickly.

He fishes out a crunched up piece of paper that has been tried to flatten out and then folded again. He slides the small square across the table and I catch it.

“Please don’t show anyone. I trust you.” He whispers.

He stands up, gets his garbage then leaves.

I get up as well and I see bright blue, I scope out Kat in under a minute, I give her a slight nod. She gives me a quick glance like a warning, like you shouldn’t be talking to me, it will ruin you.

That’s the last time I see her for the day.



© 2012 Toasty (Erin)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2012
Tags: Rebels, Rebel, Lost, Fight, Story


Author

Toasty (Erin)
Toasty (Erin)

Canada



About
I am a young writer who spends too much tim with books and notebooks. I love to read and write, I can write a short story in uncer a day and I can finish off a book in under 24 hours if I stayed up lo.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Toasty (Erin)


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)