They take before you can blink

They take before you can blink

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)

I walk inside the house and I see Brenda and Luke sitting on the beige carpet with wide eyes and shaking. Fear pangs my system and the knot in my stomach tightens.

“Brenda, Luke. What’s wrong?” I ask.

I take off my shoes, shut the door and go over to them. Brenda instantly gets up and clings to my leg.

“They. They.” She starts but the tears start falling again.

Luke swallows “They took. Mommy and Daddy.”

I freeze up, they took them, who?

“Who are they?” I ask bending down.

“The people in blue and white.” Brenda cries.

I tighten my fists, those sons of b*****s.
“Where did they take them?” I ask.

“We don’t know. They beat up Daddy with a big black stick!” Luke cries.

Brenda lets go of my leg and holds on to her brother.

Did they find out what happened between Kat and I or did they just catch on to my dad’s fake identity.

“It’s ok you two. Let’s go to bed.” I say.

They both hold on to my hands. I go into my room and sit on my bed with my head in my hands.

What if they kill my parents, then I am in legal charge of the twins because we have no close family besides my uncle and I know damn well he won’t take them. He loves kids (In a sick way) but doesn’t want the hassle of them because they could get in his stripper banging ways. If I join B.E.F.A they have to come with me.

Maybe it’s not even that, maybe there was some issues at the head company and my father was too stubborn and they had to rough him up to get the point across.

“Hun Hun?” Someone asks from the door way.

It sounds like Brenda

I look up and see her standing in the doorway with her grey night gown on.

“What is it?” I ask.

She scrambles up onto my bed.

“Can you put my pig tails in?” She asks.

“Before bed?” I ask.

She nods and puts two rubber bands in my palm “Yes, Mommy always does that. I don’t know why.”

I take one side of her blond hair and put it up in a pig tail then do it again with the other side.

“Are mommy and daddy coming back?” She asks.

“Maybe, Dad probably did something wrong and he was being stubborn again.” I reply.

She looks up at me “What does stubborn mean?”

“It means someone who is determined to do something no matter what.” I reply.

“That’s Daddy for sure and also Luke.” She giggles.

Luke stumbles in “ I heard that!”

I smile once more and I feel happiness wash over me. Maybe if I did join B.E.F.A, maybe they would protect my family, Kat said they would be over the moon if I joined.

The twins continue to argue playfully while I sit there watching them.

“Shouldn’t you two go to bed now?” I ask with a fake yawn.

“But why?” Luke argues.

“Because I’m in charge till Mom and Dad get back.” I reply.

“But their never coming back though.” He whines.

Brenda looks at me with worried eyes.

“Yes they are Luke. Bed now.” I state.

Luke shots me a glance then walks out of my room.

Brenda holds my hand and says “Are they really not coming back?”

“Yes they are coming back. Don’t worry.” I smile.

She lets go and leaves to her and Luke’s room. I look down at my feet and sigh, I can’t keep giving her false hope but it’s the only way it will work for now.

I lie down on top of the covers and close my eyes and try to think of happier times.

Another Day, Another Day



© 2012 Toasty (Erin)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2012
Tags: Rebel, Fiction


Author

Toasty (Erin)
Toasty (Erin)

Canada



About
I am a young writer who spends too much tim with books and notebooks. I love to read and write, I can write a short story in uncer a day and I can finish off a book in under 24 hours if I stayed up lo.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Toasty (Erin)


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)