Weather For Whether

Weather For Whether

A Poem by Cat

Vast and open. Limitless. Like the sky after a storm when the grass is wet and everything smells fresh again. 

After the fact. Like after a tornado warning, the buzzing throughout the city and the basement antics. 

The wonder. Like whether there's going to be an early Spring this year or the groundhog fears itself again. 

The defeat. Like after the sun beats on your shoulders all Summer until you're scabbed with the regret of that lost sunscreen bottle. 

Impossible. Like when you're sitting and asking yourself if this is really all there is to it. Or forgetting why you were here in the first place. Walking out on your porch and seeing the tall evergreens bounce back and forth beating each other for the last frost of Winter. 

The acceptance of yourself. The forgetful smile you give when you can't remember who you were before.

© 2015 Cat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You capture the essence of existence very well. Well thought out. I suspect you pondered for quite awhile over this. Thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


and sometimes it is better not to remember...just to move forward...but the past loves to follow us around like demented shadow...it tends to cloud the future...

i like not remembering...we wonder, how long before our spring, our rebirth, finding out new selves.

nicely expressed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Beautiful imagery here and interesting thoughts. Great poem. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I liked how you led to the good ending and wisdom.
"The acceptance of yourself. The forgetful smile you give when you can't remember who you were before."
Sometime we must dig deep and find the old dreams and places. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2015
Last Updated on August 7, 2015