Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by LittleEye:)

I woke up the next morning relizing that i had spent the whole night on the floor in Cali's bedroom. My back ached and my whole body was stiff. I looked up on the bed to find Cali dead asleep and silently snoring. I looked over at the clock that sat on her purple nightstand. 3:28 pm. I got up and snuck down stairs trying not wake Cali as i shut the door behind me.

I walked into the kitchen trying to find somthing to eat. I found some Cinnomin Apple oatmeal and pulled out two packets. Everything that had happened last night came back to me. Starting with the fight that me and Kody had, and ending with both Cali and I passing out at six this morning. We had stayed up all night talking about what happened, and i tried to convince her that she needed to find somone else. I don't remeber if i got through to her tho. I put both bowls of oatmeal into the microwave and set the timer for three minuets. I walked back up stairs and into her room. Cali was still crashed on her bed with half of her body hanging off the side. I wasn't as quiet this time. I debated between jumping on her, like i usually would anytime we'd crash at each other's house, or try to shake her awake. I decided that after what happened last night, she probably wouldn't be in the mood for a rude awakening. So i walked over to the bed and shook her until she woke up.

"Leave me alone Kayla. I just want to sleep."

"Cali it's time to wake up. It's almost four and i have a bowl of oatmeal ready for you downstairs."

"Cinnomon Apple?"

"Yes, I kno it's your favorite."

"Ok, let me wake up real quick first."

That was going to be the best that I could do to wake her up. I walked over to the night stand and grabbed my phone and headed back downstairs to prepare her oatmeal. By the time she came down, i could tell that she was still tired, but she looked alot better then she had last night. She walked over to claim her oatmeal and ate up.

"Thank you, Kayla."

"For what?"

"For everything. For staying over last night, and for putting up with my crap with Brad. You are right. He is an idiot and doesn't deserve me."

She looked at me and she actually looked like the old Cali who I'd go shopping with and hang out with. She was my Cali, and that made me happy.

"No prob Cali. What are friends for? You know I'd be there for you no matter what happened."

"And I love you for that."

We sat there and finished our oatmeals with the happy silence. I was so glad that my Cali had returned. I don't remeber her ever being this happy since she started dating Brad in our freshman year. It was great to have her back. When we were down we raced each other up the stairs and into her room. I won, of course.  When we got up to her room she walked over to her closet and pulled out two outfits.

"Here. I noticed that in your rush to come save me you didn't grab anything to wear today."

She threw one of the outfits at me and then walked into her bathroom to wash her face. Most of the mascara streaks had rubbed of on her pillow, but she still had the reminders of last night stinking to her face. As she washed her face I changed into the clothes that had been flung at me. Of course they fit, and of course they looked amazing. Everything she owned we had bought together, and we were the same sizes. It was kinda freaky how alike we actually were. She came out dressed and streak free.

"Kayla, what happened between you and Kody last night. You two didn't get in a fight because of me did you?"

"I really don't know Cali. I told him that I'd call him once everything was okay here."

"Well everything is fine here. You really should call him."

I picked my phone off the desk, and flipped it open. Before i could call him i relized that there were five texts. All from him. I opened them up and read them out loud so the Cali could see what they said as well.

Kody:Hey Kayla... I'm sorry about not telling you,  I should have, and i kno that now. plez call me. luv ya.

Kody: ok, i kno i was a jerk, but i don't want this to get between us. plez call me.

Kody: Kayla, i love you too much to just let you go. I finally just got you.

Kody: Please Kayla.

Kody: Kayla, I'm coming over to Cali's house now. Please don't ignore me.

 

The last text had been sent over an hour ago. If he really had been coming over here then he would have been here by now. And if he had rung the door bell then one of us would have woken up. Or maybe he had just said that to get me to call him. Just before i could say anything, Cali beat me to it.

"Call him."

I dialed in his number and waited while it rung and rung and rung. His voicemail answered.

"Hey! It's Kody. Sorry I missed your call, but if you leave a message then I'll call you back when I get around to relizing that you called. Have a wonderful day!"

"beep"

"Hey Kody. It's Kayla. Sorry I didn't text you back. We were still sleeping. Um... I really need to talk to you. So call me back asap. I still love you. So please call me back. Bye."

I said the last word in almost a whisper. What if something happened to him and i never got to tell him that again. I could feel the tears welling up, and then Cali put her arms around me. Why had everthing been falling apart?



© 2009 LittleEye:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on August 27, 2009


Author

LittleEye:)
LittleEye:)

orlando, FL



About
All of you that have known me since 2007 have seen me grow up through my work, i just want to say thx for all of the reviews and the comments you guys help a lot more..

Writing