Memories

Memories

A Story by Chris
"

A short flash fiction horror piece, about a man struggling with the loss of a loved one.

"

She came on a drunken summer night. Her white silken dress fluttered in the wind like my window’s curtains, and just as sheer. I tried to look away, unsure if she could see me watching. The way she stood there I doubted it. Or she didn’t care.

 

Come.

 

I heard her whisper it. She stood twenty feet away and out the window but I swear I heard her. No one else in the room to whisper, it must have been her. I cautioned another look but she stared past me. I took another shot of whiskey.

 

Come outside.

 

Definitely her. She wanted me to come outside. She wanted me. And I wanted her. I wanted her so bad though I knew nothing about her.

 

Come outside and see me.

 

I did. I did it, but not because I wanted to. At least, I think I wanted nothing. I told myself to turn back but my legs moved on their own. They just stood up and walked. They walked out to my wife. Right off the balcony’s edge.

© 2013 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very ominous and sinister story. The deadly otherworldly lure that he couldn't resist.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like it

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2013
Last Updated on April 21, 2013
Tags: horror, ghost, suicide

Author

Chris
Chris

St. Charles, IL



About
I'm from St. Charles out west of Chicago, but for school I made the big move to Wisconsin... or as I call it, out north of Chicago. Despite not having a dog or an awesome beard, or a life story that m.. more..

Writing
The Rain The Rain

A Story by Chris


The Call The Call

A Story by Chris