A Chance Meeting

A Chance Meeting

A Story by Chris
"

Funny who you can find in a coffee house

"

She peeped inside the cafe window; that couldn't be him. She took off her glasses, squinted through the window, realized she couldn’t see without them, and put them back on.

Her heart beat faster and faster. All her life she dreamt of an opportunity like this. She searched high and low, scoured newspapers and message boards, and told all her friends to keep an eye out for her. Yet nothing ever came of it. Now, on a normal Tuesday afternoon in a small town just outside of Portland, there he was.

He was just sitting there, drinking a cup of coffee like any normal human being. Of course, she knew that he was no normal human being. He transcended that a long time ago. She was certain of that, even if her friends gave her funny looks when she said it.

And now, here was her opportunity. She took one deep breath, then stepped forward and pushed the door open. She marched right up to the counter, ordered a mocha Americano with a double shot of espresso, then turned and walked to the table.

She sat down and said, “You’re Mr. King right? Mind if I sit here?”

© 2011 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. It leaves me wondering what will happen next.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BLR
This is a very well written and captivating story. I found it amusing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011

Author

Chris
Chris

St. Charles, IL



About
I'm from St. Charles out west of Chicago, but for school I made the big move to Wisconsin... or as I call it, out north of Chicago. Despite not having a dog or an awesome beard, or a life story that m.. more..

Writing
Memories Memories

A Story by Chris


The Rain The Rain

A Story by Chris