A Floral Rhapsody

A Floral Rhapsody

A Poem by Carole
"

The hills are alive with the sound of music! A menagerie of brilliance has made its debut! Welcome!!!

"
Photobucket

 

A floral rhapsody

An exquisite delight

A bespangled menagerie

Multifaceted and bright

 

Spring has sprung

Heaven’s paint brush has emerged

Splashing colors galore

Fastidiously converged

 

Delicate yellow flowers

Gracing the Spanish Broom

Her scent wafting through the air

A ravishing tune

 

A butterfly’s indulgence

And Heavenly bliss

Intricate Red Valerian

A jubilant kiss

 

Purple Veronica

With riveting flamboyance

Swaying in the wind

Articulate cadence

 

Stately snapdragons

Pink and pale yellow

Orange California poppies

Waving a gregarious "Hello"

 

Snow white Alysum,

A kaleidoscope of Zinnias,

A splash of Purple Robe,

And aromatic Petunias

 

A floral rhapsody

An exquisite delight

A bespangled menagerie

Multi-faceted and bright

 

© 2009 Carole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like a garden is a feast for the nose and eyes this poem is a feast for imagination as you paint a beautiful scene so serene and blissful... It's easy to see you have the heart like the fresh blooms of spring.

Posted 15 Years Ago


How colorful! Vivid in it's imagery, perfectly-worded with great rhyming. What else could one want? A terrific poem, Carole!

Posted 15 Years Ago


haha wonderful! loved it homeskillet! i thought it was great...very articulate and descriptive, joyful in its delivery, and soulful in the love for flowers felt in this poem. however, what kind of critic would i be if i didnt try to help where ever i saw an oppurtunity for improvement? the only minor squabble i could think of was here:

Purple Veronica
With riveting flamboyance
Swaying in the wind
Articulate cadence

and the only smidgeon of a thing wrong with it was i felt that the flow of the poem was interrupted here by the necessity to elongate the syllables in "cadence" to match the feel of the word "flamboyance". However, apart from that minor bump in the road it was smooth sailing all the way through if you get what i mean haha. Bravo, homeskillet! great poem, that was very good.

Peace to you

-luis

ps. lol dont mind my usage of the word homeskillet i can be eccentric haha and do have the habit of using strange words that make me and sometimes others smile.


Posted 15 Years Ago


What a fanciful, delightful, poem. I can picture myself walking through such a heavenly place - all courtesy of you fantastic descriptions. Nicely done. This poem contains so much life and beauty. A Very enjoyable read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I do love this! It's like being in a magical garden where I could sit all day taking in it's beauty. It reminds me of a very old and beautiful animation called Water Babies.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful! Such decadence in nature is truly a splendor. You have captured that essence so well. Great work.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


This is an absolute piece of perfection and beauty. The work of art that you created here is a kaleidoscope of images of spring and it's beauty astounds the reader. Total perfection.
Hugs Debby

Posted 15 Years Ago


The rhyme scheme is much tighter and better here! I loved this, too. You write such heart-filled, warm, sunny and positive poems!!! I love your style, it's absolutely amazing! You have taken all the joy in the world and made it into a poem. This really is a celebration of nature, colour and warmth. It almost reminds me of that flower scene in 'Alice In Wonderland' when all the flowers are singing and dancing together. Well, flowers are nature's jewels, and this poem really is precious.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem lovingly reminded me of mother who passed away a few weeks ago. She loved flowers just as much as you describe her, and the pictures and imagery in the poem was cheerful and rejuvenating.
Thanks for a great poem :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was just what I needed at the end of this day. Such a jubilant bit of joy to find here and thank you. This makes me want to walk outside without any shoes on and feel the dirt and grass beneath my feet, while breathing in the freshness of nature. This is like a valentine to nature and how wonderful and beautiful it can be. Thank you so much for this.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1089 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 18, 2008
Last Updated on February 8, 2009

Author

Carole
Carole

Rio Rancho, NM



About
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn.. more..

Writing