A letter to Mom and Dad

A letter to Mom and Dad

A Story by AaronFreitas
"

I nearly died 10 years ago, it was the first time I had my mom and dad by my side. I decided to write about it.

"

I saw you mom, sitting by my side holding my hand.  Praying to God that he doesn’t take me away from you yet.  You gave away two full years of life with me, could this really be the death of your only son?

 

I saw you dad, waiting patiently to see if I’d awaken.  Shirt soaked in tears begging God not to steal his only child. Life is too short to lose and live without your son.  You have finally felt the love in return after not having me for many years. 


I see you mom and dad.  I watch from above while both of you sit by my bedside praying silently that this is not the end.  Holding my hands, praying that the mistake from twenty years ago doesn’t escape this world without understanding that you both love me.  

 

Twenty years of life and today I almost died.  They said there was no way I’d make it out alive but the power of prayer proved otherwise. I opened my eyes and saw my parents by my side.  I actually thought I died, gone to heaven and life on Earth no longer existed. 

 

It was just a miracle that brought my parents to my side together for the first time.  They thought I’d die; they weren’t even there together to welcome me in to life yet today they are by my side.  

 

With all that said, I love you mom and dad.  No one is perfect and I can’t blame you for your faults.  We only live in this world once and we only learn as we live and make mistakes.  I am thankful for everything and for the both of you.  Thankful for your imperfections and thankful that you have let me make my own mistakes.  Thank you mom and dad. 

© 2015 AaronFreitas


Author's Note

AaronFreitas
I was bored and wanted to write... I remembered this day... let me know your thoughts :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is actually autobiographical??? In the postscript you have mentioned ever so casually that you remembered this day.
An intense piece. What I love about it is you haven't done much to make it sound intense, yet your selection of words and ambiance in the story do the job for you wonderfully. Bravo Aaron

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you Annie... and yes it is autobiographical. It was back when I was 20 and I wrote it the way.. read more



Reviews

.in a few short words you have managed to grab the attention of the reader and yes..get the most nosiest of desires to know more about your life..you seem to have gone through a lot yet manage to remain non judgemental, forgiving, understanding and loving. somewhere along the lines someone has taught you an immense amount of decency and respect it seems. i'm glad you survived and your parents came through for you..sadly so many don't..in either scenario. well done on this excellent work. full marks :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much :) I guess everyone comes up differently and we are left with choices to make o.. read more
Well, it's extremely fortunate that you didn't die, Aaron! When you think about it, it's kind of strange that it sometimes takes a near death experience for somebody to actually feel more alive than ever, isn't it? Know that your parents, your friends and even us on this site are all extremely glad that you didn't die on that day, my friend. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

When I think of how much I've done in life, how much I've lived since that day I realize how extreme.. read more
I hope you chose to show this to your mom and dad. The floaty, vague sort of tone of this is a very powerful juxtaposing to the very profound topic!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you S. I haven't shown... just kind of wrote out some emotions and shared with the cafe. I ke.. read more
Shannon

8 Years Ago

I can understand that. Thank you for sharing it with us, then.
AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thanks for taking time to comment my friend :)
You have done here what many of us think of when it is too late. To thank your parents for being there. Glad you made it just as your parents. Nicely done. Your mom and dad should have great swelling within their hearts from the words you have written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you Willard :) I remember one night I just felt like writing this and didn't really plan it o.. read more
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

I am glad you have the bond with your family. You have mentioned other issues and it's good that the.. read more
AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Yeah... childhood was a little crazy but everything is in the past and I have my dad, my mom and ste.. read more
How wonderful for you, to still have them both in your life! That in itself is a blessing, one I'm sure they feel for you, as well!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

It definitely is Kelly... and I still have my grandparents from both sides... really blessed to have.. read more
Expand on this story! Please! This is such a great piece of work. I feel like there's so much more here for you to work with. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

I could probably write a short novel with this haha... I remember back when I wrote this I had one p.. read more
How much we all are dearest to our parents...This is what you wrote in it perfectly.

Amazing write which formed image of hospital room where parents are sitting on each side of the bed and crying hysterically.

Good one. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much irenic... that is the way I remember it as I woke up. I am glad you liked it :)
Irenic

8 Years Ago

welcome................................:)
You mentioned this story in your review, so i decided to read as soon as i can. And i find this... This story me shed tears... A really well written story my friend. Keep it coming:) I'll read and review more of your work in the next few days.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much IM! This one was a tough one to write at the time but I am glad I did it :)
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

You are welcome:) anyways, writing it all out usually helps.
This is actually autobiographical??? In the postscript you have mentioned ever so casually that you remembered this day.
An intense piece. What I love about it is you haven't done much to make it sound intense, yet your selection of words and ambiance in the story do the job for you wonderfully. Bravo Aaron

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you Annie... and yes it is autobiographical. It was back when I was 20 and I wrote it the way.. read more
wow what a positive way to go about it im really glad that you don't secretly recent you'r parents for there bad choices instead you understood and showed that regardless of the situation love will prevail if you choose to let it
well done:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. There's pretty much two choices... forgive and cherish the love I get from them.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1443 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015

Author

AaronFreitas
AaronFreitas

CA



About
I love to write, most my work tends to be on the darker side. I write from my heart and tend not to mess with it too much. I guess sometimes I write and post without focusing on what everyone else w.. more..

Writing
Reality Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by Cool Girl