A letter to Mom and Dad

A letter to Mom and Dad

A Story by AaronFreitas
"

I nearly died 10 years ago, it was the first time I had my mom and dad by my side. I decided to write about it.

"

I saw you mom, sitting by my side holding my hand.  Praying to God that he doesn’t take me away from you yet.  You gave away two full years of life with me, could this really be the death of your only son?

 

I saw you dad, waiting patiently to see if I’d awaken.  Shirt soaked in tears begging God not to steal his only child. Life is too short to lose and live without your son.  You have finally felt the love in return after not having me for many years. 


I see you mom and dad.  I watch from above while both of you sit by my bedside praying silently that this is not the end.  Holding my hands, praying that the mistake from twenty years ago doesn’t escape this world without understanding that you both love me.  

 

Twenty years of life and today I almost died.  They said there was no way I’d make it out alive but the power of prayer proved otherwise. I opened my eyes and saw my parents by my side.  I actually thought I died, gone to heaven and life on Earth no longer existed. 

 

It was just a miracle that brought my parents to my side together for the first time.  They thought I’d die; they weren’t even there together to welcome me in to life yet today they are by my side.  

 

With all that said, I love you mom and dad.  No one is perfect and I can’t blame you for your faults.  We only live in this world once and we only learn as we live and make mistakes.  I am thankful for everything and for the both of you.  Thankful for your imperfections and thankful that you have let me make my own mistakes.  Thank you mom and dad. 

© 2015 AaronFreitas


Author's Note

AaronFreitas
I was bored and wanted to write... I remembered this day... let me know your thoughts :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is actually autobiographical??? In the postscript you have mentioned ever so casually that you remembered this day.
An intense piece. What I love about it is you haven't done much to make it sound intense, yet your selection of words and ambiance in the story do the job for you wonderfully. Bravo Aaron

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Annie... and yes it is autobiographical. It was back when I was 20 and I wrote it the way.. read more



Reviews

Thank you for this heartfelt writing. I had a similar experience myself. Good job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

I'm glad this poem found you since you had a similar experience my friend.... thank you for your com.. read more
That experience must have been scary, but so unique! i'm glad you're still around to write about it! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Yes it definitely was Emily... to this day we still don't know why it happened but I just stopped br.. read more
Emily

9 Years Ago

Wow..truly incredible!
AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Emily :)
This was breathtaking. Bits of it reminded me of my own near death experience just a short 9 months ago...
It was a truly beautiful piece Aaron!
& on a side note, I'm glad you didn't die either! Love you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

I never said that lol
♥ Ari Skye ♥

9 Years Ago

LOL! Give me a few hours.. I have to pack.. LOL!
AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

haha I see
This is powerful man. Thank you for having the courage to be this open! I love it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Evan! It's different on here... everyone is pretty accepting so it's easy to op.. read more
I really enjoy your work. Your writing is full of emotion and real feelings. I felt like I was in the hospital room as well. I love it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Lesly I appreciate you stopping by new friend :)
Rights away, the font made me smile. It is a nice added touch.

You were bored? Get bored some more.

Reading the perspective of the almost departing loved one was comforting. None of us really know what happens when we die and when someone is taken from us, especially unexpectedly, there is always that regret and fear of unspoken feelings of love and care die right alongside the departing.

There is redemption in this piece that we all so desperately need. I feel inspired to write my own version for my father who has recently come back into my life who also wants redemption, even if he doesn't expect it.

Maybe we should all write a love letter to our parents.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michelle Coleman

9 Years Ago

Ohhh I see. I went back and tried to format my chapters correctly and it took out all them tabs.
AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Yeah the cafe does some weird stuff anytime you try to edit... thats why I do everything in word... .. read more
modtoddinc

9 Years Ago

Good to know.
I enjoyed this kind tribute to your parents. The "out-of'body" approach to the writing in the first three stanzas; hovering over your parents as they hover over you. There is a surreal feel to this poetic prose, Aaron, and as others have so kindly stated, I am glad you pulled through too. One piece of advice that sticks with me as I read through your lines again is that no matter what differences people have between them they are capable of pulling together for that common goal, which in this case, was to be by the side of the one they loved. A fine story for sure.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

You are the first person to mention the hovering.... I remember having that out-of-body moment and l.. read more
....................

9 Years Ago

You are welcome Aaron but I felt it so had to mention it.
Powerful story my friend in the poetry.
"With all that said, I love you mom and dad. No one is perfect and I can’t blame you for your faults. We only live in this world once and we only learn as we live and make mistakes. "
Above lines are true. We are just people doing our best. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Coyote! Life is about our ups and down, our failures and our successes. Glad y.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Your story is shocking Aaron in as much as - you nearly died man ! - but its very poignant and touching. Tis a pity that bad things bring people together more readily than good occasions but such is the way of things. Im sure seeing them both in the room helped in your recovery and Im glad you're still here - because ...damn man - I hate writing reviews for ghosts !! I leave that to 'ghost-writers' lol.
Thanks for the RR Aaron, my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

haha ghost writers.... love it. Yeah I was so close to death.... just kind of stopped breathing and.. read more
Parents love is something that can't be replaced. No one can fill in that place. an emotional write and a personal piece (written out of boredom ?) that won my heart over..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Awww thank you Nazia :) I appreciate your review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1448 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015

Author

AaronFreitas
AaronFreitas

CA



About
I love to write, most my work tends to be on the darker side. I write from my heart and tend not to mess with it too much. I guess sometimes I write and post without focusing on what everyone else w.. more..

Writing
Reality Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by Cool Girl