Another life Wasted

Another life Wasted

A Poem by AaronFreitas
"

I had to write and get some things out... one of my grandfather's workers was found dead this morning... suicide

"

What could be so bad that you take your own life?

Not leaving a reason, tears fade into the night

You were only twenty years old so much life ahead

Now your family stands around asking why you’re dead

Always so happy, always carried a big smile

Living a life so simple, a life worth while

So what was it that pushed you over the edge? 

Grab the gun, lift it up and put it to your head

BANG!!! Just like that you took your own life

Makes me appreciate my sanity, I thank God for life

© 2015 AaronFreitas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The reasons are a mystery to those still alive. More than likely whatever bothered him festered over time and ate up all his thoughts. Depression is a horrible thing. A fried of mine committed suicide and to this day, no one can figure out why. From what I've heard, it consumes their thoughts in such a way all other thoughts including loved ones are deleted. Very scary and sad stuff. Good poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Yes indeed... hard to tell when no note, no warning signs and nothing to really take a good guess at.. read more



Reviews

This is so shocking and equally sad! I think we all come across situations where we want to quit life. But, then those dark clouds eventually fade if not vanish. Most youngsters feel that nobody could understand their problems, which is just an incorrect assumption. I wish that that person could have given it a second thought. :(
May his soul rest in peace.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Madhu... I agree many people can't find a way to happiness and out of that dark corner. T.. read more
I am sorry for your grandfather's loss and the shock of it. It must be devastating. We can only judge from our perspective, however, not truly knowing why one would choose suicide over life and decides to actually go through with it. It may be the lack of support. It may be a terminal disease or a chronic illness. Sometimes screams and cries inside the head are stronger than the will to go on. Either way, it doesn't matter what the reason is, what matters is that we have failed as a society to support people who go through tremendous suffering.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Nadia! Whats crazy is everyone that works for my grandfather is either our immediate fami.. read more
OMG ! Twenty - thats terrible. The family are not only left devastated but full of questions which compund the loss.
Im sorry Aaron.
God rest his soul


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Yes indeed... the family is trying to figure out what the hell happened. They went to the casino ca.. read more
Firstly beautiful piece suicide is a difficult situation to understand specially if you love the person or had great affection for this person. Keep in mind sometimes being drug free has less to adiction and more to do with sanity i know the piece is about suicide but if you really think about it Aaron youll see the conection .
Well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Micky... the connection all comes back to death and the dark side that tries to ruin life,.. read more
Aaron, this is a great poem, and well written! This is a topic that really needs a light shined on it.

I have friends who have suffered from depression. There can be physical reasons why a person could get so depressed. If a person is feeling dangerously depressed, that person should see a medical doctor, and ask if he or she has a hormone imbalance, or a blood sugar imbalance, or a brain chemistry imbalance, or a brain injury, or some other condition that is making life's hardships feel extremely unbearable.

Even healthy people can put themselves in an emotional low by not eating, or not eating healthy food, or by drinking alcohol, taking drugs, or not sleeping enough. Our bodies need proper nutrition, and sleep to function.

Then there is the whole loss of a love thing, some people have killed themselves after losing someone they loved, or after not being able to be with the one they loved. I say, "Time." There is a very good chance that after time has passed, the emotional pain of losing one's love, will lessen, or in many cases, the pain goes away completely. I would have never believed that time could heal the pain that I felt after losing someone I loved, until after some time passed, I no longer felt sad, or angry. I literally thought I was going to have to live an entire lifetime feeling miserable. But instead, time healed my emotional pain. I also found that when I gave my attention to the people who I knew cared about me, I felt better, focusing on them helped me.

Once in awhile, there can be negative thoughts going on in our minds, thoughts that can hurt our self esteem, or discourage us, and paint a bad picture in our mind about ourselves or about our lives. It is okay for us to not give harmful thoughts any attention. And for a person who is depressed, it is very important to not give negative thoughts any attention. If we are getting a regular dose of negative thoughts, we need to just stop them immediately, and fill our minds with something else, anything else. I like to take photographs, then sort through them afterwards. I also like to go online, and look at other people's photographs. Photography brings me joy, and fills my mind with creative thoughts. But any thought can replace a negative thought. Think about what you need to buy at the grocery store, or think about where you'd go if you could time travel, or think about your favorite animal, or read a good book, a book that makes you feel good, or think about anything that isn't going to bring you down.

Sometimes the best cure for depression is for the depressed person to go help someone else. Do some physical work for someone; mow a lawn, wash a car, or cook a meal, or do these things together. Or listen to someone talk about his or her day. Many people need to be heard, and the depressed person could be a valuable listener. Or take someone to see a movie, or to a bookstore. Or just sit with a person, quietly, maybe listen to music together. Or help a kid, go play, and have some fun.

Don't bury emotional pain, share it. Emotional pain needs to be validated, validated first by the person who is suffering, then validated next by a trusted friend. We must talk about what is bothering us, and seek understanding, and comfort. We must shine a light on what is hurting us, and ask for help. Now is not a time to be too proud, or too shy to ask for help. Be persistent, and continue to seek assistance.














Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you for review my friend :) I agree the best way to help yourself is to help others. Find a .. read more
Wow, Aaron, so many memories flood back to me after reading this piece. I had a cousin with whom I was very close who took his life at age thirty. When his mom went to get his things she found several books on suicide next to his night stand. He had spent months reading and rationalizing his options, finally deciding on that tragic route, In one of the books the author had posed the statement: 'if you think your are leaving your troubles behind remember that you are leaving them for your family and friends to deal with...' Next to it, in his own handwriting, he had penned, 'but I won't know anything about it'. For him, it was over. There was no more trying to rid himself of life's demons.

As sad as it is sometimes, we cannot know the pain that others suffer. I thank God every day that I was able to be a part of his life and I pray that his soul has found rest. I do know this, however... after his suicide I shared his story with a group of students. I explained to them that if I had known how desperate he was to leave this world, I would have quit my job and gone to help him. I loved him like a brother. A few years later a former student messaged me to tell me I saved her life with the story of my cousin's suicide; that she was thinking about it at the time I shared it with the class. Well, the tragedy of his life's end then made some sense, at least... his death had served to save the life of another. That is how I get through it... so tell your story, my friend... perhaps someone out there will read this and decide to take a different route.

A beautifully, sad piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Wow I am sorry hear about your cousin... that is creepy as I am sure it was to go back and read his .. read more
....................

9 Years Ago

It's okay, Aaron. It was a long time ago and though I still have questions I choose to remember the .. read more
Ah.. The everlasting questions of why.. I've been in that position.. Know what kind of hopeless takes over your body. Sometimes knowing makes it worse..
I feel for his family.. I really do..
But this was a beautiful piece, my friend..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Yeah I feel for his family too! All my grandpas workers are all members of that family... it caught.. read more
:(( desperate hopelessness where nothing makes sense but the choice to end it all! I am truly sorry for your loss and friends and family who this impacted! Trust me you will go on and on trying to figure out why and it will never make sense and any real answers went with him! All you can do is Honor the man he was and let time heal! I feel bad to say this was an excellent write! :((

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Yeah it is definitely a crazy moment... most times no one sees it coming but man this one really too.. read more
sereenaoutloud

9 Years Ago

i know it is so sad, truly sorry for your loss! :((
in the deepest depths of despair and you can't get out.Sorry to hear that! The smile is just a mask

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Indeed the smile is just a mask. Crazy how life plays out sometimes. Thanks for the review
It is such a common thing now especially with teenage kids. Your work makes me appreciate my sanity too. Great write Aaron :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Nazia. This one caught us by complete surprise
nazia

9 Years Ago

It always does
AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

True... I guess it's hard to think how someone not only can get to that dark place but then go along.. read more

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1552 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on April 7, 2015

Author

AaronFreitas
AaronFreitas

CA



About
I love to write, most my work tends to be on the darker side. I write from my heart and tend not to mess with it too much. I guess sometimes I write and post without focusing on what everyone else w.. more..

Writing
Reality Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..