Saturday Night

Saturday Night

A Poem by AaronFreitas
"

This is my lonely Saturday night... choosing no fun.

"

It’s Saturday night 7:26 pm…

I am sitting on my couch all alone.

I’m thinking, deciding on the night.

Do I go out, have fun and live it up?

Or should I sit here and watch Netflix?

Watch, all alone with nothing but a beer….

It sounds depressing but I have no one to share with.

I want to cuddle but I have no partner.

I want to kiss but there’s no woman with me.

I want to feel alive but life is stuck on pause.

What to do, should I sit and wait?

It’s Saturday night, and I am telling a story….

A story of how each night goes, the story of my life.

I guess I’ll choose self-destruction tonight.

Pop open this beer, wrap up this blunt….

Medicate all pains away, clear my mind,

Stare at the t.v. with only a beautiful woman in mind.

I’ll share this moment with no one but myself…

It’s Saturday night, how do the rest of you feel?

© 2015 AaronFreitas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The Netflix, the couch, the blunt--the revolving safety blanket prison for the anxious. Wonderful perspective. Fresh in the form, yet so, so familiar. Great write, man, I particularly like the line which includes 'life is stuck on pause', it compliments the scene perfectly.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

haha thanks buddy... it was one of those nights when I wrote it so I'm glad people have liked it and.. read more



Reviews

"It's Saturday night, how do the rest of you feel?" About like that. :) Good write, Aaron!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Emily :) Appreciate your comments
Emily

9 Years Ago

You're welcome Aaron!
I like the turn around...to be honest...we can be in the biggest group of people at the best, happy function and still feel dissected and alone...tangible write hon...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Poppy... I guess it was more of just some thoughts to everyone on here rather than a well .. read more
hmmmm......a sad one my friend.......i guess we all have this moment every now and then.....life may be on pause, but you hold the remote control :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

I love that analogy Ana :) Thanks for the advice my friend.
Ana B.

9 Years Ago

Anytime my dear :)
I am sure that is the case of millions around you, i.e, if they are lucky to have a roof under which they can put a couch, and can afford electricity, internet and beer. But yes, everyone has to deal with their own, personal demons--rich or poor, married or alone, educated or ignorant--everyone!
It sure is depressing, but I guess sometimes you just gotta deal with it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

I hear ya loud and clear Annie :) Thanks for the comments my friend.
Aaron I'm not going to critique this as I usually do.. This a letter from you to frends, a diary piece, and as such, who cares about form and mechanics. The only thing that matters here is voice, your voice. I have read and re iewed comments left and there is no bad advice given. But here is one more piece. As you are getting things together with God, get okay with you. Acknowledged your past, your flaws take a hard dispassionate look at it all, figure out what you learned and what God wanted you to learn and the let it go. To be part of a happy couple you've got to be happy with yourself first. Love happens when youre ready when God thinks you're ready. All the rest is training. Its Sunday find a church with a late service near you and walk in the doors. Its full of people struggling and trying to hide it, but He knows. It will all work out according to his plan.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

My past 6 months have been a lot about getting things straight, fixed, better me and better with God.. read more
JayceeC

9 Years Ago

We're all just works in progress Aaron. ♡
AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you... so much truth in that statement!
Aaron, I think you would enjoy taking a poetry class, and the class would be filled with women who enjoy one of your favorite past times. Medicating yourself will only make you more depressed. Have a lonely night, then take a walk the next day, get some fresh air, and let nature heal you. God has someone special waiting for you, so eat good, sleep well, and be ready for her to come into your life. God loves you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Could you tell me where poetry classes are... you had me at women lol. That would actually be reall.. read more
Madison Rose

9 Years Ago

I am full of great ideas :D Here in Seattle, they have poetry writing classes at the community colle.. read more
that's a sad write my friend, i suggest you get out there soon staying home with the TV or a book or just music can become a habit that's hard to break once it gets a grip, i speak from experience, took the choice to stay home once and it lasted years but then i'm Asperger's man and it came easy for me, i'm different now (still Asperger's man) but i'm long since past staying in although now staying in is an age thing haha, sorry to hijack your poem, you write really well and make us consider your plight with lots of care, an excellent writer and you made your negative situation into a positive in this writing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thank you Richard... I just wasn't feeling it last night.. it became a Netflix night. Saving up... .. read more
R Smith

9 Years Ago

wow! that should really liven things up on a saturday night :D
I would pick watch Netflix, haha. Netflix is life right now and has been for the past few months; Netflix wins over anything... LOL -- I love this, this is great. My Saturday night consists of chocolate and literally Netflix or Amazon Prime. :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

haha Netflix is pretty awesome and addicting! I swear... I had no internet at my new house for a we.. read more
s y e

9 Years Ago

Haha, I live for the Internet and Netflix. I'm away right now and my internet stopped working late a.. read more
Sad ...because its true in a lot ways...thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Thanks my friend :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Aaron, you should go and read the poem that tune of alf just for laughs, and then go outside and howl at the moon, and then, do back-flips... lol okay okay kidding ;)
patience - all good things in due time :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

9 Years Ago

Haha I may just do that... it's a beautiful clear night in Cali.... perfect time to do all that! hah.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1664 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2015
Last Updated on April 12, 2015

Author

AaronFreitas
AaronFreitas

CA



About
I love to write, most my work tends to be on the darker side. I write from my heart and tend not to mess with it too much. I guess sometimes I write and post without focusing on what everyone else w.. more..

Writing
Reality Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..