In the ecstasy of the Eternal Now

In the ecstasy of the Eternal Now

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

This place was Mystery

"


This place was Mystery… shrouded in mist… an echo that rippled through the Universe… And here, two lights danced and illuminated the Garden…  two lights that intertwined… laced themselves together… formed a single strand of fabric… Their touch… their warmth… their light aroused the Garden to life…

 

In this moment, the darkness and light embraced… and the colors were born in the sweet release of this King… this Queen… as they fused into their oneness, the flowers bursting into decadent, delicate blooms… scarlet, amber, and coral colored threads… and the shadows and sighs were painted on a canvas of indigo, emerald, and lavender…  faint strips of silvery silhouettes in scents of Ylang Ylang…

 

This world they formed and shaped from the ceaseless caresses of their cloth of dreams, as the fragrance of vanilla drifted over them…  and they walked naked through their new kingdom… nothing to fear… nothing to inhibit them… nothing to hide from… they were completely open… completely known… bare in oneness… devouring and being devoured in nutmeg intoxication…

 

In their sumptuous embrace flames of gold would rise from their one burning soul… and the wildness of music would encompass this world of light and warmth… this world of darkness and peace… And in their embrace… in their fire… perfect Love was born endlessly… It was two hands laced into one… two bodies dancing as a single flame… two hearts in perfect harmony… two minds with the sole purpose of unity… of the knowing… of the giving… of the being…

 

This perfect Love brought forth a pool of mingled gold and ruby wine… emerald branches dripping with succulent fruit… luscious spiced scents… waves of heat rising all around them from the endless life growing…  They looked into their singular reflection in the pool of gold and ruby… and there... there in the wine’s mirror image… they saw the Everything of them…

 

From the mist rose the song… from notes never once heard, flavored in coriander and fennel… and the music breathed over them their soul’s dream:

 

May those hot waves
take us up to the clouds
as two drops of mist
and once we arrive
in those bright white skies
we will both long for
the cold wind to come again
so we may rain down
as a single drop this time

 

And here… the Queen… his Angel spoke… “I will look inside your eyes, and put my hands around your face, and speak all my love to you in a deep silence, and then we will kiss in the eternity of the moment a kiss that will last forever, and will connect our hearts even deeper! And then, after the endless kiss I'll just say 'I love you' and you will know what I mean with those words... the meaning of the word LOVE... All there is inside a word...”

 

And here… the King… her Dragon replied.. “When you look inside my eyes, and hold my face in your hands, and speak into me… and kiss me with the kiss of eternity… I will rise inside you like the sun… and our gaze shall be eternal… our souls will seek only more of us… it will be an insatiable hunger… And Love will exist in the now of our Garden… forever…”        

 

In sunlight and shadows, eyes can ever glimpse the King and his Queen… in this place called Mystery… ever shrouded in the mist, for none can comprehend such a world… a Garden made by the soul of Love itself… Love that is found in the being… in the living… in the pool of gold and ruby… birthing scents of ginger and jasmine…

 

In the echoed stillness of night one can hear the Angel calling to her Dragon… “Come… Be..  be with me… let us be together… right above the water…" And they will always be found there… existing in the ecstasy of the Eternal Now. 

© 2015 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To call this fantasy would be underselling it by quite a considerable amount. This more accurately could be called mythical and even more accurately fable.
Here there is romance and legend entwined with a true moral. This should be remembered by a bard. Oh it has been.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

I so deeply appreciate your insight and lifting words, Ken. This flowed from a dark, sacred place in.. read more
"It was two hands laced into one… two bodies dancing as a single flame… two hearts in perfect harmony… two minds with the sole purpose of unity… of the knowing… of the giving… of the being…'

If there were the perfect lines to describe a perfect love, it is these lines.


"I will rise inside you like the sun… and our gaze shall be eternal… our souls will seek only more of us… it will be an insatiable hunger… And Love will exist in the now of our Garden… forever…”

In sunlight and shadows, eyes can ever glimpse the King and his Queen… in this place called Mystery… ever shrouded in the mist, for none can comprehend such a world… a Garden made by the soul of Love itself"

Amazing how you convince your reader that the magic of true love exists. That paradise though cant be seen by mere mortal eyes does thrive somewhere in the vast expansive universe and isopen to those who seek it with sincereity and faith..A bit like finding God Himself...

You inspire me so much every day. Thanks for this divine poem Craig.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Divya, oh, Divya... I am so grateful for your words... for your soul's perceptions... for your kindn.. read more
Absolutely enchanting C!
What gorgeous language you use and visions you create.
Beautiful piece of work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

How I deeply appreciate your kindness, Ana.. Wishing you such a wondrous weekend now. :)
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Thank you, it's off to a great start. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
extraordinarily beautiful, Craig :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Thank you, dear lynn... Would it be crazy to tell you this is a very ancient memory?
Beautiful inspired write, I can taste the spicy flavours and warmth of love. Lovely as usual

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Do so hope you had a weekend filled with inspirations. Thank you for your kindness, dear friend.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
A fantastical realm. A beckoning love so powerful yet delicate, so magical yet tangible.
Your writing stamina brings me to do nothing else but admire your work. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

So thankful you were by! Hope you had a beautiful weekend... Yes, this one is a very early memory of.. read more
~

9 Years Ago

You're such a romantic and I love it!!!
An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

You're soooo kind! :)
This is such a beautiful piece of work... you have created a world and a myth to fit that world...a garden of love...

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Marie... where there is love, there is life... I wish you just joys in this week.
This was an excellent and truly inspired poem. Beautifully worded. Beautifully felt from the base of one's soul. Yes, a moment can be so charged and filled with passion and emotion that its duration cannot be measured.

Wonderful, spell-binding write. Congratulations on this one. Highest marks!

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

I truly appreciate your insights and encouragement, Rick... thank you so very much!
This one was certainly inspired, lovely in all aspects, passionate and full of color.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

So very good to have you by again, Corset! And yes.. from an ancient memory I have of her...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

646 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 28, 2015
Last Updated on March 28, 2015

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos