Fantasma

Fantasma

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

In this moment I am but a ghost…

"


I awoke with my heart covered… drenched in your beautiful presence... like a man standing in the rain… I awoke into the ghostworld of me… in the coriander absence of you… the burning of your wings still on my fingertips…

 

In this moment I am but a ghost… an echoed whisper waiting for my homeland… dancing in the stillness of your song… and your dark, haunted places… only now learning that sometimes there are no words… only silences…  

 

Now I wait in a barren mist…on woven fabric clouds… not so much a man as a ravenous shadow… And I wonder if I can feast on the lavender moon… if only just a bite… while I’m drifting on the topiary edges of your distance…

 

Now come sweet Morpheus… fill my blood with sleep… Come dear Somnus… fill my mind with delusions of her… Take me to the landscapes of the living… translucent minds of wax and bone… Que Deus me perdoe… esse fantasma…

© 2015 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
Que Deus me perdoe… esse fantasma… (May God forgive me… this ghost… )

“I seem to have loved you in
numberless forms, numberless times…
in life after life, in age after age,
forever.”
~Rabinbranath Tagore~

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

if we could only remember at the beginning of each lifetime the mistakes of the last....this is going into my library...i want to remember always.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you, precious friend... Yes... longing with all my heart to still catch the threads of the uni.. read more
excellent!! "dancing in the stillness of your song" great line!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you, my friend. Sometimes even pain can become beautiful.
marcus

8 Years Ago

And sometimes the simplest things are the most profound!
Wow! This is one of the most beautiful poems I've read in a long, long time. I love your word choice, but more than that the dream like feeling...as if your words are floating with you...dear ghost...a vision of loveliness.

Julie

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Julie, your comments truly blessed me! Thank you so much. May your dreams keep you ever lifted above.. read more
That's incredible!

You remind me few words that... when a reader reads something or leaf's through some broken-pages of olden books, he seems to find something deep what he ain't even know 'bout. He reads.. reads.. & reads but in the end, when he gets finished up with the book, the one word comes outta his heart that whispers: "That's Incredible!" And... he adores the write what he reads not because he loves or likes (everyone likes or loves...) but (only few..) he understands the fathoms of WRITER'S magnificent heart that gets opened with a true pattern of long-lasting words... for touching readers; impacting the worlds'. So, I say, that's incredible. Loved it to the full for.. sure! Very beautiful thoughts you've come up with! I always have a very good time with your pages!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Ah, Adams... how your words give my soul wings! Thank you, friend and poet... May you find such word.. read more
Beautiful as usual , lyrical love and it's timeless. Lovely.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind, lifting words today, my friend.
I love the picture and the format of the poem goes so well with it. I love the similes' and the wonderful way you build up a picture of this ethereal space. Lovely poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

I so deeply appreciate your comments... your heart and soul shared on my page. Have a wondrous weeke.. read more
Sometimes a dream is the only way to have what you want. There was a time in my life when my only happiness was found in sleep. My waking hours were empty.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Yes, oh Marie I know that experience so well... Now reaching deep inside myself to find a way to awa.. read more
Love knows no boundaries... including distance or death. Beautiful written Craig.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Yes, my friend... Thank you. True love is woven of eternal threads.
A cool, haunting poem. Love the imagery crafted with the flowing of mystery. Excellent work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Eric, so good to have you back by, my friend! Thank you for your kind words. Yes, this one flowed fr.. read more
Eric Cox

8 Years Ago

You're welcome! I enjoyed the poem :)

Eric.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

951 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 24, 2015
Last Updated on June 24, 2015

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..