DREAMING * IN * EVERLAND

DREAMING * IN * EVERLAND

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

How the world was ours to dance…

"


How the world was ours to dance… now holding you only in the arms of my watercolor recollections… We ached in the loving… ached in the disappointments… then ached in the damned distance…

waxing moon… waning moon…

Time… time is a knife that severs… while chilled fingers caress the remoteness of your memory in moonlight… my detached reflections…Having to say farewell, but not yet… a coming and going…a lingering… 

autumn… winter… spring…. summer…

In autumn, the leaf must learn when to let go and have the wind whisper her over landscapes to a new resting place…  Dreams… enchantments… strip the seasons of sun and snow… leave only fragments and the fragrance of us drifting over landscapes... mindscapes…

seasons… surges… cycles…

I know that days will come when I no longer cross your mind... and they’ll turn to weeks… and seasons… and one day, when you are old, smilingly surrounded by friends and family, a glimmer of me will swift through your mind like a silhouette… and I will feel to you like a character you met once in a book… the protagonist who was to give up his whole world for the one he loved… a story for the ages… for the pages…

tides… ebbs… flows… currents…

And then you’ll know… I’m alive and well, living in Everland… and thinking of you there in the flow of that very moment… realizing that though life is sometimes lived in the shadows and the aching… it is indeed lived…

tick… tock…. tick… tock… clock…

On that distant day you’ll stop and sense something… and smell a certain fragrance… clock will stop… and you’ll know that I had been there… somewhere in that soft dusk of day reminiscing… thinking of you… and wishing that life could have been kinder to us… could have had the happy ending it once whispered…  Remember then that you will always be my angel, and I will always be your lost boy… dreaming in Everland…

Time after time….

© 2015 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
To all those who have ever had to let go of one they loved… one they still love in the aching… and always will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like to think that although I do not have access to their physical form I can feel their energy any time I want and I do. I realized one day that I was holding onto the suffering as a way of holding onto them. But it was actually pushing them farther away. A highly relatable and poignant write for me, Craig.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Your words confess so much hidden between my lines. Thank you for sensing the deeper places, yes, th.. read more
Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Ultimately that is what we are ... there is just a whole of compression going on:)
An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

I am still so woefully ignorant, but learning each day. :)



Reviews

Wow, not only the write but the printing has you fading in her memory over time. Yes, many of us do live in the shadow of aching. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

I can only hope to always linger even in the fading, dear poet. Thank your for your kindness.
What a rich, deep piece. Full of poignancy, pain, emotion, aching. Yet, reminiscence, too. Loved this line: now holding you only in the arms of my watercolor recollections.

Eventually, our recollections aren't as vivid...aren't as hard and blaring...just watered down, the colors faded.

Such a beautiful write...loved it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

You understand so well, the loving that lasts even in the fading colors of the world. Thank you so m.. read more
I know that days will come when I no longer cross your mind... and they’ll turn to weeks… and seasons… and one day, when you are old, smilingly surrounded by friends and family, a glimmer of me will swift through your mind like a silhouette… and I will feel to you like a character you met once in a book.....
You made me cry....so true someday when they are gone all that will remain is a memory of what it had been...or what it could have been....
Sometimes life is fair to very few and very unforgiving to others... the ones who suffer in the memories of the ones lost...and living in their shadows...or traces of the fragments of the memories...which they hold close to their heart and live on....

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear Ria. Life and love too often come unraveled as the days progress to sunset for our so.. read more
Ardra

7 Years Ago

Its always a delight to read your words :)
hope you also find the light that keeps you happy
Breathless...this is so tuned in to how it feels to lose a beloved person. Reading through, my chest ached and my heart wept as I recalled the way I felt, and still feel, about the loss of a loved one. Tears sting my eyes as I remember. Thank you. It all is so very true.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for sharing your words and your heart here too. May you always find so much more b.. read more
Absolutely, damn meticulously, one of my many fav. writes ... most of your stuffs're oft. beloved by me (by others, of course, as well, as always) ... but this poetry/prose of whatever .. the thoughts of your very mind're way admired & applauded by me (& of course, will be treasured by others as well... ). I like how to blow with .. in sweeten thou' extraordinary words with such simple and realistic so genuine pain, the love, the artistry of life. You seem to be speaking the course of "every" heart that's being stuck in love and pain once in a while, every singular time .. ah, so breathtaking to read it ... just enjoyed reading this piece... what an imagery! Totally outstanding. Excellent work, as usual!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

My friend, I almost missed your amazing words somehow! Thank you, truly. I am glad my words spoke to.. read more
Adam Adams

8 Years Ago

Yeah, sometimes, the labyrinths of mind have me utter lost somewhere across the edge of "Emptiness" .. read more
An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Well, I do so appreciate you stopping by, even in the wee hours. May you find all you need coming al.. read more
The heart never forgets and the spirit lives on through time. Poignant wonderful as usual.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

It is so true... and sometimes the memory keeps us living... Thank you MOON.
Wendy: Peter. You won't forget me, will you?
Peter: Me? Forget? Never.
Wendy: Will you ever come back?


It brought me to the moment...one of my very favorites:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Time is so fluid, like a magic liquid we flow through. Sometimes it comes back to us in beautiful wa.. read more
How the world was ours to dance - you had me with the first line Craig.

Anyone who has had to let someone go will relate to your words. It is difficult and yet, it is the beautiful memories that keep the heart beating long after goodbyes were whispered.

I feel to you like a character you met once in a book - Wow...this line gave me goosebumps - I have felt that way in the past - I still feel that way about someone - it is as though you read my thoughts and penned them so beautifully - delicate perhaps is the correct word.

I love getting lost in your poetry.

Julie

Posted 8 Years Ago


' On that distant day you’ll stop and sense something… and smell a certain fragrance… clock will stop… and you’ll know that I had been there… somewhere in that soft dusk of day reminiscing… thinking of you… and wishing that life could have been kinder to us… could have had the happy ending it once whispered..'

I didn't mean to cry, but I did. Those words reached deep, deep inside of me; nobody else could have laid them on such a path to my sometimes sad heart. And yet, yet there's Hope hiding behind each area, a hope that what was is now etched so deeply that eventually it will be the comfy blanket, the cloak, the salve, that makes you smile when you need to.

What a beautiful Everland it was and and always will be. Why? Because few actually go there.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

It is there in the hushed, haunted places always, dear Emma. That's the secret to smiling through th.. read more
the hardest thing i have ever done was telling my husband it was ok to let go when he was bed ridden with cancer...your words reminded me how hard it can be to let go even when you know you must...well written, thank you..

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Precious poet, how your words made me ache for you in your place of suffering; of letting go of some.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 20, 2015
Last Updated on August 20, 2015

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..