Words

Words

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

What are mere symbols and shapes on paper?

"














Words... Words... Words... What are mere symbols and shapes on paper to describe the shattering apparitions I have seen and the stinging sensations that have pierced my life’s shackled shadow? Yet even as I weigh and measure these coarse characters on this page, pallid cold clouds swift over my remembrance of the inn above the cliffs of Aesacus. Pounding waves carry my intentions to sleep and baleful, thundering storms still wake me in the depths of the night while the echoes of the vanishing angel’s voice whisper on. 

 

My mind now fills with the restless, roaring ocean. Reefs of jagged, black rock rise like lone pillars. Trying to crawl from underneath the swelling sea, they are ever forced adown under the relentless onslaught of the pounding green waves; deep green waves that rise up like arched wings, then fall and shatter upon themselves in foamy ruins. Above this salty thunder, black wooden fingers fasten upon the perennial, gray rock that towers over. This ancient matted structure is Idler Inn.

© 2018 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
The opening page of An Owl on the Moon: A Journal From the Edge of Darkness. I hope you'll join my journey this year, exploring the depths of pain, and the fight for freedom from every chain within.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Imagination makes time and place so real when in the hands of a true dreamer. You see and feel the heat of magical far away shores, I ache for the inked pages of tied print waiting for delivery!

' Above this salty thunder, black wooden fingers fasten upon the perennial, gray rock that towers over. This ancient matted structure is Idler Inn.' A place with thunder settling into a time when... perhaps. Will read every word.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Finding me in smiles now, reading your very kind, very lifting thoughts. Thank you dear poet. There .. read more



Reviews

I loved this poem.
"Yet even as I weigh and measure these coarse characters on this page, pallid cold clouds swift over my remembrance of the inn above the cliffs of Aesacus. Pounding waves carry my intentions to sleep and baleful, thundering storms still wake me in the depths of the night while the echoes of the vanishing angel’s voice whisper on."
The above words. Wonderful and the feel of ancient places and ancient thoughts. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

I truly appreciate your kindness, my friend. This one came from the ancient places in me, only haunt.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I enjoyed this poem and you are welcome.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
I realized that words are powerful when I first joined to this perfect n beautiful writing world..but your 'words' tell me today why it is 'so much'..you have a very calm and beautiful mind since your words are the reflection of it..my "favorite' rack of shelf is calling it very loudly :) :)
mou.

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

So grateful for your kindness here, your words are a gift of joy and peace to me. May your weekend b.. read more
mou

6 Years Ago

thank you and have a nice weekend too.. it's my pleasure :)
A very dramatic opening. It is eye catching and holds the reader.

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Oh, Cherrie, thank you so much. So glad to have shared the cafe all these years. :)
Very powerful opening.. You words paint a very vivid picture. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

This was a painfully beautiful journey. Thank you for walking along the path.
That sounds like an incredibly interesting intro! Can't wait to read the other entries!
This was so so surreal, it lifted my soul on those tender wings of the waves, and made my heart soar as high as them... I love the powerful and vivid imagery!

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

I am so thankful for your words, and the joy of them! Very pleased that you connected to the waves, .. read more
Powerful words, so well written - too many wonderful lines to pick a favorite. You are very talented. :) Julie

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Ah, Julie, so good to have you by again! Thank you for your kindness. :)
 Reefs of jagged, black rock rise like lone pillars

I just want to say here, this line is powerful, vivid imagery within your words. Very well seen as felt. nicely expressed

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

835 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 8, 2018

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of the bright world dies Wi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..