Imperishable words

Imperishable words

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

The final words of An Owl on the Moon

"



































In my room my eyes are opened...

 

     From this cold room I spy a channel of fire illuminating the darkness.  A slight crack in the wall allows a beam of gray light through as dust dances on the pillar.

     I move towards the light until I can see along its channel.  In a moment, I am transported outside and catch visions of circling birds and waltzing waters.  Through this small pillar I see freedom and breathe air as fresh as new dawn, and in the distance I see a horse dancing in the waves.

     The fog that lay across the water tears open as the sun shreds the gray with its piercing yellow beams. From this vanishing mist I see a crystal staircase rising from the sea to the sky covered with angels crying, “Peace!” It is an entrance to heavens portal. I bow my head and whisper, “God help me,” and in a moment I drift with the Seraphim through the sky. Have I slept my whole existence? Has my life all been only a dream until now?

     That day lives ever in my mind.  Now I live in the present, ever connected with my past, and ever hopeful of my future.  The hovering hordes by heavens’ arm are fled, past Hades’ crags and the sun’s misting rest. Out of my pain has come a song, and on my graves’ sleeping-stone it will read:

 

“Live for what will last;

the Voice that whispers in night’s past.

The cruxton tree that stands through time;

the lives of saints through death who shine.

Seize those things that last.”

 

     The darking night and ravenous winter fall forever into the abyss, and an eternal summer is birthed in my soul, though the echoes of the angel’s voice whisper on.  Now life’s full fragrance and flavor immerse my mortal senses in an almost aching joy.

     I close my journal now as I close my eyes in ceaseless rest.  And I driftingly dream of infinite words.   Impenetrable words.  Imperishable words.


© 2018 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
The final words of An Owl on the Moon…

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, this reminded me of Plath's quote 'I desire the things which will destroy me in the end.'
I suppose most of us do live like that - forever connected to our past and always hoping for a better future, and in between that, living in denial of the present that we do have...
I wish it was as easy to distinuguish between things which would last and which won't though :x

Beautiful write in its entirety. As always, I loved reading this one by you :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Ah, dear Yumna, thank you for walking out this journey of the owl to the last step... Sylvia is magn.. read more
Your words are like precious gems, imperishable and brilliant. Querido Craig, " ...... I see a crystal staircase raising from the sea to the sky covered with angels crying " peace!" It is an entrance to heavens portal." What a spectacular image you describe with your marvelous words! Absolutely beautiful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Muito obrigado, Mrudula! These were my transforming words... carrying me from suicidal depression to.. read more
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

I am glad to know that you stepped in to the light of hope. I pray that you continue your journey in.. read more
Not sure why you are not famous. You are in my heart and my mind. This is as delicious as anything I have ever read. Happy Holidays my friend, you never cease to amaze me. And I mean that.

Posted 5 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Ah, my dear friend, you always make me feel uplifted! Thank you! Wishing you and your dear ones the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2018
Last Updated on December 25, 2018

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..