A scarlet stain

A scarlet stain

A Poem by An owl on the moon

What violet visions from fragrant perfume,

When sapphire simplicity caresses the moon.

Where is the emerald essence of life?

Why is the sallow peace silenced by strife.

How is a scarlet stain able to heal,

the ravenly weakness your word can reveal?

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Each colour as if the rainbow undoing is grace a certain colour for a certain place and scarlet is the stain that rings loves forever name, for death is but a gain...🌹🌹

Posted 3 Years Ago


Words the cut deeper than knives...yep. This was full of fascinating lines propped up by the most beautiful colors and visuals. This wonderful my man!!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

So good to have you by, my friend! May the weekend bring you all kinds of good stuff.
"A scarlet stain"
An owl on the moon,
'violet visions,sapphire simplicity, emerald essence,sallow peace, scarlet stain; these are emotion and meaning of life's experience paired with color, with flavor of soul. I know that we are stirred by color. I appreciate how this poem brings out life's intricate and complex moments.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Hello dear Kathy! Oh my, you found one of my oldies here from 10 years back. Thank you for digging s.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

I suppose I will continue to log on, read and review, and just enjoy. Youv'e been at this awhile. I'.. read more
An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Ah, it was very fun to send virtual gifts to friends and writers here. Maybe it will come back! :)
Colors again. I'm drawn to your writing in ways I cannot explain. Simple, yet poignant this piece. Another great one!

Posted 15 Years Ago


strife is a really bad thing one of the seven deadly sins it's hard to get over thing's when other don't know how to forgive and just want to keep the strife going just a bad thing ,thank you for sharing that was a great write .

Posted 15 Years Ago


A short but emotional piece. Just wondering, is this about people who cut? (it may be an obvious answer but I prefer to ask rather than assume. You know what they say about assuming :p )

Your choice of words and rhyme are excellent as usual. The colours swirl around creating the most awesome images!!!

You're a pro...

Josie

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love your use of colors... You paint a vivid image in the readers mind... your rhyme scheme is very good...
" How is a scarlet stain able to heal,
the ravenly weakness your word can reveal?" I love these lines... Great Job!



Posted 16 Years Ago


How is a scarlet stain able to heal,
the ravenly weakness your word can reveal?

Two very deep lines. A scarlet stain (which most of the time, seems to stick with one forever). As if the subject of the poem keeps the flaw alive by speaking of it. One must forgive oneself to move on.

Intriguing poem, I must say!




Posted 16 Years Ago


Once again, your rhyme scheme is perfect. This is beautiful, Craig.

Imogean~

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like image of colors you paint here like jewels. Superb write.

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 26, 2008
Last Updated on February 1, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..