Runs deep...

Runs deep...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

My scars run deep, like a river...

"

 

My scars run deep, like a river

In the sacred blackness of my soul

Even sun drenched shadows

Fall dark on my lavender light…

What can be done to brighten

Days of hopeless rage and pain

A hand to hold in silence

A gentle kiss of comfort

Your promise of forever

Is my sunrise…Hides my shame…

I will wait for your voice

Soft as the scent of vanilla

And linger in the light of your shadow

Always...

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Somehow, in spite of the opening lines, this poem flows like a gentle stream. You use phrases without sharp angles: 'Even sun drenched shadows .. Fall dark on my lavender light�' I can visualise what you've written.

As to: ' .. will wait for your voice .. Soft as the scent of chamomile .. And linger in the light of your shadow .. Always ..' that seems to imply hope and want and, in such a beautiful way.

Thank you, yet again, for sharing your delicate skill.





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I saw this as a life and also a drawing to God poem. Human love and Gods love both touch our heart and soul. Nice write. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


One of my fav. writes! It displays the scenario of true-love, the whole pie of romance in words. Your poetry shows how even the love can be so rushing especially when it belongs to virtue, faith & long-lasting affairs. Very breathtaking write you've come up with! Excellent work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend! I am so thankful for lives that bring healing to our scars. Love is a magical m.. read more
I love how u have used scent to express .....may your lavender light burn a little brighter now ....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderfully written, full of images, and flows amazingly, although it lacks a rhyme scheme .
well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nicely done, Craig. Congrats on your great winning poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love your work, it is both inspiring and helps me stretch to be a better author myself as i see you put technique into action. This is a wonderful piece and I love it! One thing I would consider is line two, could that line read in the 'murky blackness' of my soul? In order to build on the river concept with a word that is more concretely attached to a river and still describe the turbulence within the speaker?

Favorite lines...
I will wait for your voice:Soft as the scent of vanilla:And linger in the light of your shadow:Always...

Absolutely amazing...who on this planet could ask for more?

thanks for sharing, t.



Posted 14 Years Ago


**Sigh**
This is such a delicate, tender write. With lines like "I will wait for your voice
Soft as the scent of vanilla ", well leaves me breathless.. Such awonderful, loving, hopeful poem. Again, the master has written a masertful piece.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Now here is a writing I can really relate to.. great flow and rhythm.. scars that run deep like a river.. I have actually used a river in 2 of my works .. as they flow like emotions.. which this writing is so deep .. with sadness but finding happiness through another.. your promise of forever is my sunrise.. it is sooo great that you have this type of love .. myself I found peace in a combination of love and realism.. I could never trust myself to think that way of a partner again as I have been there.. it's devastating when things do not work out... again that's only my viewpoint based on my experiences.. I am an optimistic dreamer but dreaming of great things above relationships where I can make a difference.. making my small contribution here and there.. even though it may not be known.. helping a neighbour or others feels good for me.. helps my scars from past too.. I also believe in higher things like peace.. and just working towards a better tomorrow with my children.. that is a struggle in and of itself! Love your openness.. your loyalty and devotion shown in all your pieces! Thank you for sharing!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I've read today a couple of your iambic pentameter/ryhmed works which were both solid. But this one has more of an internal conversational flow to it - and to me it seems a bit stronger. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Soft and beautifully sad...

"I will wait for your voice
Soft as the scent of chamomile
And linger in the light of your shadow
Always..."

Such a perfect, gentle ending
Ty for entering!

Lynda







Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

1162 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 13, 2008
Last Updated on October 12, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain