In Grayed Reflections...

In Grayed Reflections...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Grayed mirrors imitate my dance reflecting my thoughts�

"

 

 

Grayed mirrors

imitate my dance

reflecting my thoughts…

Smiling

Shouting

Speaking…

Echoed hearts

moving slow

on mornings light…

A likeness

of dreams

of desires

of a destiny…

All that I have

imitating

reflecting…

I stare

I gaze

I watch

mesmerized                   

wondering

What will you tell me today?

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Through the looking glass What would we see if we could see the way we see our selves The way others see us and the way we truly are?
Tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh the metaphors that can so exist in this one!!! Powerful word usage.. grayed mirrors can be an aging reflection or feeling of not seeing in living colour such sad reality.. also reflecting your thoughts as well.. I do not like those gray days.. I hope you see with more colour today!!! This can also reflect the world today that is surrounding us .. the grayness of the times.. there is always light and colour around but you have to want to see it.. never give up on your dreams or desires as well.. you are such a gifted writer.. this gift surely will be your footprint! Thank you for sharing!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked the opening of your poem and your photoshoped picture, perfect stepping out from the wings into his mind... and how you said this - I loved.

Posted 14 Years Ago


that was sooo deep... that mirrors tell us more. so true and just a great write !! nicely done

Posted 14 Years Ago


Mirrors never lie. They are such a physical way to measure our outward appearance. But the mirror that lives inside of us reads our spirit, mind, body and soul. The importance of all who we truly are. Great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Mirrors do flaunt us the truth---something we usually blind ourselves with. We're just truth-deprived and looking at the mirror allows us to get access to self-interaction: Time for reality check.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really beautiful and thought provoking. I actually have a poem called "Mirror" that's kind of like (but also nothing like) this. I really loved this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a fascinating piece. I haven't been able to pull of one and two word lines myself. Your words play off of each other building intensity. Amazing write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You be careful, very careful.. you never know what she might say next!

As usual you've touched a chord here, beautiful words, simply but sincerely put and, rolled into yet another of your fine, fine poems. You never fail to deliver.

' Echoed hearts .. moving slow .. on mornings light� ' there's a painting in those words, can see it so clearly.

Thank you, thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The reflection in the mirror is a bit hazy for it only tells part of the story showing only the hear and now but can never duplicate the past and it's impact. A fascinating and thought provoking write.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
12 Reviews
Added on May 14, 2009
Last Updated on May 15, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing