SOMEHOW...

SOMEHOW...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Somehow, he still believed in dreams ~

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was all over… all except for the papers filed with the county clerk’s office…

 

There had been no affection shared for years. No smiles across the table or toes teasing underneath... only life like an empty glass of wine… one where you remember the sweet fragrance of dark Napa Valley grapes… but now it sits, only a vacant vessel.

 

And though spring had come, it always felt like winter to him.  It was a feeling worse than alone, like a constant cutting when she was in the room… sometimes he couldn’t breathe… At least they didn’t yell anymore… they never actually shared anything... including conversation…

 

He had tried to “fix” things… he truly had… until there was only obligation… some lasting sense of duty… a signed form with faded ink in a drawer… somewhere…

 

And now he sat staring… wondering what might come next… anything to take away the ache… the dull pain that lingered like raindrops on barren, wet limbs… waiting for the freedom to dance down to earth…

 

He just wanted to know what it was like to be alive again… to see color, not just gray… to feel something other than numb…

 

Somehow, he still believed in dreams, even though he no longer had any… somehow…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simply wonderful. Honest, though sad, this is life. I love how this touched my very soul. As I gasp for my own air. Susan

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem is particularly moving to me now, when a friend is going through a rather bitter divorce. Though many say he must be relieved, no one can know what's going on inside. There must have been love once, and as you express, no matter how bad the relationship has become, there must be the pain of hopes lost. Beautiful poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, Craig, this is intensely real and deeply emotion. I feel the loneliness and the clinging to hope even with all the signs that it's over. Memories and dreams of the past keep that tiny spark alive that we hope one day will re ignite. Outstanding, excellent and so moving! You never fail me with your brilliance!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice. Simple yet touching - It leaves you asking more questions (in a good way). Thought provoking - it makes one review his or her own life to try and relate.

Good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This work describes me when I didn't have a girlfriend. Its truthful and honest. I love the last few lines of the poem the most

Posted 13 Years Ago


SomeHow I knew this was going to be as breath taking as your other pieces, and it WAS! The feelings in this piece was sad, but so wonderfully written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a window into the true soul and it is the seed planted that will flower next spring.As I always say the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.As for children well memories of smiles stamped in the mint of memory are coin of the realm in happiness

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh Craig..this is one of my favorites of all of your work i have read until now..this moves me..
such sweet tender melancholy..imbibed here...yet the melancholy doesn't yell..doesn't shout..it is subtle,gentle like golden moonlight delicately merged with darkness of the night..it gradually becomes a part as night proceeds..as sorrow becomes a part as this poem furthers..


And though spring had come, it always felt like winter to him. It was a feeling worse than alone, like a constant cutting when she was in the room… sometimes he couldn’t breathe… At least they didn’t yell anymore… they never actually shared anything... including conversation…



He had tried to “fix” things… he truly had… until there was only obligation… some lasting sense of duty… a signed form with faded ink in a drawer… somewhere…
i loved those lines..
This poem has a potential of a short story..
thank you..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. A very poignant piece about the dissolution of a marriage, Craig. Having been there myself, I can totally feel the pain in this. The wondering of where it all went wrong, what happened...and why couldn't I fix it?

Very well written, Craig.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"only life like an empty glass of wine… one where you remember the sweet fragrance of dark Napa Valley grapes"

i loved this image, it brought to mind so clearly, the scent of a spent glass of wine, the dregs of the burgundy colour dried in the bottom..

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4764 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT