SOMEHOW...

SOMEHOW...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Somehow, he still believed in dreams ~

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was all over… all except for the papers filed with the county clerk’s office…

 

There had been no affection shared for years. No smiles across the table or toes teasing underneath... only life like an empty glass of wine… one where you remember the sweet fragrance of dark Napa Valley grapes… but now it sits, only a vacant vessel.

 

And though spring had come, it always felt like winter to him.  It was a feeling worse than alone, like a constant cutting when she was in the room… sometimes he couldn’t breathe… At least they didn’t yell anymore… they never actually shared anything... including conversation…

 

He had tried to “fix” things… he truly had… until there was only obligation… some lasting sense of duty… a signed form with faded ink in a drawer… somewhere…

 

And now he sat staring… wondering what might come next… anything to take away the ache… the dull pain that lingered like raindrops on barren, wet limbs… waiting for the freedom to dance down to earth…

 

He just wanted to know what it was like to be alive again… to see color, not just gray… to feel something other than numb…

 

Somehow, he still believed in dreams, even though he no longer had any… somehow…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

From this I also see the work of being an author of books..You write beautifully..lol and God bless..Kathie

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is an amazing piece..as always! i find your work is prob some of the best i've read in a long time! this one in particular is so powerful and relateable to so many people im sure. i loved the ending because it made me feel as though i have faith that he will find happiness again.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I feel like I can relate to this and see it from many different ways and I feel truth just bursting from this, a sort of hope when things are miserable

Posted 14 Years Ago


amazing ! and inspiring piece.. for me to compose some music that is !! keep it up ;) cheerz

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah, when marriage becomes an obligation instead of a celebration of love. Well written. I suggest trying to introduce "him" sooner, or add another paragraph between your explanation of wine in the second part and the third part. It jus felt like a sudden introduction. Using "And though" to start off, while it is grammatically correct, presents it as though the reader kind of came halfway in on a thought. I like all the elipses, helps convey the space and drifting thoughts.
My favorite line?
"No smiles across the table or toes teasing underneath..."
It's often the constant little things that keep the affection present....

Posted 14 Years Ago


I thought this was beautiful. Very sad but wonderfully written. I loved it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have expressed the death of love and its lingering effects on the heart. Oh so well written

Posted 14 Years Ago


soooooo very sad...
and i just feel like telling him: GO on! run away and DANCE dance dance! dare to DREAM! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem reminds me of a rainy day in Paris lol


Posted 14 Years Ago


Painfully , beautiful, as it touches the heart of loss and regrets and that feeling of how could it have been different, well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4769 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT