SOMEHOW...

SOMEHOW...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Somehow, he still believed in dreams ~

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was all over… all except for the papers filed with the county clerk’s office…

 

There had been no affection shared for years. No smiles across the table or toes teasing underneath... only life like an empty glass of wine… one where you remember the sweet fragrance of dark Napa Valley grapes… but now it sits, only a vacant vessel.

 

And though spring had come, it always felt like winter to him.  It was a feeling worse than alone, like a constant cutting when she was in the room… sometimes he couldn’t breathe… At least they didn’t yell anymore… they never actually shared anything... including conversation…

 

He had tried to “fix” things… he truly had… until there was only obligation… some lasting sense of duty… a signed form with faded ink in a drawer… somewhere…

 

And now he sat staring… wondering what might come next… anything to take away the ache… the dull pain that lingered like raindrops on barren, wet limbs… waiting for the freedom to dance down to earth…

 

He just wanted to know what it was like to be alive again… to see color, not just gray… to feel something other than numb…

 

Somehow, he still believed in dreams, even though he no longer had any… somehow…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

painfully poignant piece, featuring a glimpse of the shadowed, shattered soul, that still wants to dream, to live amidst the unforgettable despair of separation, to rise from the ashes like a phoenix; yet that which is pathetically unable to rub the dust and tears of estrangement! Brilliant piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is amazing. i can tell you have related to this. excellent. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is amazing, and a form of poetry that isn't afraid to jump out and be original. It's like nothing I've ever read before. "'raindrops .. .. waiting for the freedom to dance down to earth… '" Really beautiful. You've got breathtaking voice in this mild expression of pain and dreams, and you can see it's got heart behind it. Awesome.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh I can relate to this

Posted 14 Years Ago


It sounds to me like you've been there, Craig. Me too. Although it has been many years, you still don't forget it. Your excellent writing describes it so well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I was stunned by the metaphors in this. It's heart-wrenchingly written. I'm sure many people can relate and use the descriptions you have written here to put their own emotions into words.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Apathy is the worst of human emotions, I believe. Certainly the most hurtful to others.
This was gripping and excellently detailed. I remember these feelings, though my divorce was a little more colorful, not so much gray. Red... it was red if it were a color. Now I live in yellow. Thank God for freedom of will, freedom to change, and grow, and become oneself.
As always, you paint a picture of emotion with your words. A delight to read your work, as always.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
Expertly told Craig. I agree with Carly on the third to last stanza, told like a true poet. Even through the pain and stress some people can still see through the haze to the good things awaiting...somehow. Great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very touching and emotional. I loved it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4770 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..