Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
SOMEHOW...

SOMEHOW...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Somehow, he still believed in dreams ~

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was all over… all except for the papers filed with the county clerk’s office…

 

There had been no affection shared for years. No smiles across the table or toes teasing underneath... only life like an empty glass of wine… one where you remember the sweet fragrance of dark Napa Valley grapes… but now it sits, only a vacant vessel.

 

And though spring had come, it always felt like winter to him.  It was a feeling worse than alone, like a constant cutting when she was in the room… sometimes he couldn’t breathe… At least they didn’t yell anymore… they never actually shared anything... including conversation…

 

He had tried to “fix” things… he truly had… until there was only obligation… some lasting sense of duty… a signed form with faded ink in a drawer… somewhere…

 

And now he sat staring… wondering what might come next… anything to take away the ache… the dull pain that lingered like raindrops on barren, wet limbs… waiting for the freedom to dance down to earth…

 

He just wanted to know what it was like to be alive again… to see color, not just gray… to feel something other than numb…

 

Somehow, he still believed in dreams, even though he no longer had any… somehow…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Incredible, so sad and yet you handle it so delicately. You allow us to see the pain, without it being so frightfully obvious. That last line, it was just awesome!
"Somehow, he still believed in dreams, even though he no longer had any… somehow… "
Just the perfect ending to this fascinating piece, great job Craigspeare!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You paint this portrait of a lonely and broken man, one who sees only gloom, one who longs for better days. This is such a true picture of how things are for many people nowadays, regardless of the circumstances of this particular character. He longs for "color" in his life, a new direction, to feel. I think that many people can relate to that. The fact that you ended with his ability to still believe in dreams sends a strong message of hope and inspiration to the reader and that is what truly makes this a fantastic piece. It was very heartfelt. Nice work......

Posted 14 Years Ago


I guess You wonder .. !
I came back to let you know.. that this is like a fairy tale to me..
Colors.. not darkness...to come back alive..
freedom..music and dance
All in this poem.. dances..
It is good to dream awake..because love will do.
Nothing wrong.. to dream.. alive..
Sad but true.. I wonder if we all feel like this poem at times..
SO I will live the best I can..and worry about many things..
But I have been so pleased with your amazing poetry..Outstanding..

Posted 14 Years Ago


Terribly sad...and I just read this after spending the morning with a good friend who is going through a divorce, and it reminded me so much of her experience. Beautiful phrasing, second only to the delicate imagery that you've employed. Lovely...tragic, but lovely.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very sad, but beautiful piece. I imagine that whether it's the particulars that you wrote about here or with some other "life issue," this poem will likely hit home for a lot of folks. Maybe the hope in the last line, which is a really great line, will apply to lots of people too. Excellent piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


your writing style is so different and in my mind that's what makes your poems unique. Great story. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is a sad, but beautiful story/poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed reading this write here. I love how you ended it the most. It's like he can't give up on dreams. This is wonderful

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i liked this alot a very amazing write... liked the detail in this alot... a very deep piece... overall i thought you did a brillant job on this..keep up the awesome writes!!! i liked the format of this too...

Posted 14 Years Ago



6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4764 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..