The extravagance of ordinary...

The extravagance of ordinary...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Can any day ever really be just common?

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Walked slow and watched the sunrise

Light from 93 million miles drifting by

Took that glimmer eight minutes to kiss my cheek

Stood still while riding the carnival Earth

A journey through space over 66,000 miles per hour

My heart racing now at 40,000,000 beats a year

About three billion beats in a lifetime

So true… every beat is for you

Just in these moments we’ve shared here

Some 50,000 cells in our bodies died

And new cells were reborn to dance

A fresh blanket of skin every month

New skeleton rattling every three months

In a world of miracles and moments

There really is nothing ordinary, is there

Flying through space on this big blue marble…

 

© 2010 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
Every day is a miracle... No... every breath... Each winter there are about 1 septillion (1, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 or a trillion trillion) snow crystals that drop from the sky... Wonders never cease, we just need to keep our eyes open for them...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ah!Craig how i love this poem which celebrates life...
such a complex theme and you put it in words that almost every reader can relate to...it is so easy to simply drift by through life and ignore how it manifests itself in its maximum glory even in simple elements..you can feel extreme bliss even while doing something as simple as unlocking the door of your house..you just have to be in a concious state of being...
extremely well written craig...any amount of encomium showered for this write is not enough.thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"every beat is for you."
5 words that can make your heart flutter.
this big blue marble sounds like quite the beauty. :)
wonderful work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


how true, craig. I am glad you have your eyes opened to the wonders around you and can express them so well. Your love for nature and the gift of life is contagious. Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful. this was one greatly touching and heart-felt write. U do a great work with the words. Make them dance to ur tunes !! U create a lovely picture of everything happenng around us... Open our eyes to new, diffrent things.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Life is mathematical extravaganza !.... and in all those beats that are part of a life!.. that are countless we find in between each of them...Miracles that hope brought to us.. I called it Faith!
You did your math ~this time you made a poem so sweet!~
Well done !

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice job on this ..i liked this alot and found it quite interesting and very complex.... a very impressive piece indeed..keep up the great writes!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


very natural, direct and sincere... keep it up Craig !

Posted 14 Years Ago


This makes me really think, for latley I have been thinking my life is so plain, so boring nothing uncommon happening. This woke me up thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Magnificent finding.. that of the miracle of which is around and even part of us daily.. the smallest things are sometimes the most exciting and miraculous to consider. The concept is simple though the input is informative to those looking for a different way to view life..

Using imagination thinking of the earth as a carnival makes it more fun to take a look around and dare to enjoy life and what it has to offer. With so much to know and life is short too when you really think about it.. time passes so quick especially as we get older! Awesome work.. hope some younger readers (any age really!) seeking inspiration take time to read this and absorb the hidden beauty of this!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this Craig... I think you knew I would too! :) Such wisdom expressed here in the facts you give and what you do with them...thanks for opening our eyes to the way you think and interperete the world and everything in it...you are right, there are no ordinary days...only the extraordinary!! Wonderful piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You know, Craigspeare, just as i think i've read/written it all, i drift upon another of your exquisite pieces. It's so awakening, as if there is a whole section of my mind, or perception of the world, that i have yet to stumble across. The depth of thought and beauty is astounding and your observation of these never to cease wonders, simply outstanding!! Incredible!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1492 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 28, 2010
Last Updated on September 3, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..