Good Ol' Drunken Murder

Good Ol' Drunken Murder

A Story by Chadvonswan
"

"Homicidal urges must be satisfied."

"
The night was cold and wet as I walked in the shadows of the campus, the moon illuminated the star filled sky and set the treetops ablaze with pale lunar light. My shoes slapped puddles and the frozen rain pelted my numbing ears. The lights in the dorms were all very gradually going out, and soon it would just be me out in the rain, alone.
I put my wet hands in my pockets and felt the heat of my thighs bake my dead fingers. The rain dropped violently, water sliding down my face in long, cool, ceaseless progressions. A black cloud obscured the moon and dull light bled through it. I opened up my jacket and put my bag in, holding it against my naval I felt the knife I stole poke me. A grin forced itself upon my face as the sharp feeling of blade came in contact with me. I became very anxious so I took the knife out of the bag and held it in the rain. I raised the knife up to the black sky, up to the moon and saw my pale face in the blade, my eye twinkling facetiously. Black rain doused the blade as it fell and soon black blood would ignite it, and the pain within me would burn away as the blade drowns in the flame of bloody death. Then the black rain would come and wash everything away. 
I sat on a bench under a tree in the dark, the nearest lamp post was fifty feet away. I waited. I waited very long until he came out. The light in his dorm went out and my grip on the knife tightened. I waited for the door to open, expecting only him to come out. When the door opened my heart jumped and anxiety overwhelmed me. She was with him. I cursed to myself and stood up and followed them. They were oblivious to me dressed in all black. The rain slowed to a drizzle and my footsteps became more audible so I slowed to a creep. They walked close together in the mist, hand in hand, her head on his shoulder, an occasional kiss, and rage surged through me in aggressive waves, hatred raining down my veins. Tonight. It has to be done tonight. 
We were now on the opposite side of the campus, where her dorm was. I sat down at a long wet bench and watched them disappear into the dorm. The rain attacked me as I waited for her to go up  to her room and him to come back, alone. After tonight I'll have no regrets. If I don't do it I might as well just kill myself. After about ten minutes he emerged from the building and he walked slowly back with a very visible ugly f*****g smirk on his distorted fucked up face. F*****g prick. I watched him frolic away then turned my view up to her window and waited. 
Suddenly yellow light warmed the window, and illuminated the room I was once so familiar with. I could feel the warmth of the room just by looking at the window. She was in there. By herself. My heart cried out for her but my brain despised her, wanted her dead and buried. Cold rain froze my face and soon tears of conflicted love drained from the hatred in my eyes and burned my cheeks raw. I stood up from the bench and took one last look at the warm yellow window. I don't want her happy if I'm not happy. Why does she get to be happy and not me. Why does he get her and not me. Why is my life so flawed and theirs so perfect, complete, ideal, exquisite, terribly desirable.
Perfect envy strained my muscles as I caught up to him. I didn't bother silencing my wet footsteps, practically running at him. I took out my bag and swung in around my shoulder and revealed the knife once again. He was still oblivious to me, and as I got closer I noticed why. Earphones where stuffed in his ears and the sounds of bass softly shook the air around us. I smiled at the thought of how easy this is going to be. I caressed the wet blade with my thumb and thought where to stick the knife in. The back of the neck or the front....I gripped the knife with my right hand and felt the fingers of my left hand swim through his wet hair, gripping, pulling, my right hand shot up like a bullet and the knife nearly went in like one. 
The blade went in the side of his neck, right under his ear, cutting through the cord of the earphones, twisting the knife around clockwise then counter clockwise and back and forth, and the blood flowed out so fast and so warm, oh so warm, like her apartment, and the knife was in his shoulder now and in his cheek and hes on the wet ground and hes facing the moon and the blood is black on his face and the blood is burning my hands and hes dead. I planted the knife in his right eyeball and looked around to see if anyone was around. The campus was dead. The only person out now was me. And him, but hes a corpse now. Comedy. Oh my, such a funny situation. Its done. And its oh so funny. I rub my hands over in the wet grass to get the blood off and I pull out my sketchbook and a pencil. Laughing hysterically, I sketch what I can draw in a short amount of time, paranoid of getting caught. I run off and head to my dorm. In my room I slept for the first night in a week.

The following morning was very hard for me to wake, and the sense of dreams still lingered in my brain. What a weird, faded dream last night was. Too much alcohol. Shouldn't do that again. I dressed and drank some juice and ate some toast, all simultaneously. My hand was on the doorknob when I noticed the sketchbook lying open on the table. I picked it up and stared in horror. At that point I recalled the events of last night perfectly. The pages of the sketchbook were creased from the rain and smeared with blood. The book slid from my hands and fell on the ground. I kicked the sketchbook under my bed and darted out the door.
Outside the sun was too bright and I craved for my sunglasses. I walked near the spot where the incident happened and saw cops and detectives and the principal inside a circle of yellow security tape. His body was nowhere in sight; obviously his corpse was removed from the campus and transferred to the morgue. I continued to walk, avoiding people I knew, and I noticed a vague hue of blood on the cement but the rain washed away most of it. 
A crowd formed and gradually grew. Whispers of his name traveled through the crowd, along with moans and cries, some discreet and some quite obnoxious. F**k, I wish I had my sunglasses. The sun glared down on me, as if he knows. F**k the sun, he doesn't know. The moons the one I have to worry about. At that thought I laughed out loud and someone turned their head, but I avoided their gaze. The crowd of curious students grew like a virus, the gossip contagious. I slowly made my way out of the crowd, and nausea swarmed me while I was doing so. People breathing his name and crying his name and whispering his name, I felt like fainting. The bright sun looked down on all of us, questioning. And then I saw Her.

© 2014 Chadvonswan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An amazing and gruesome read. Loved every sentence of it. It is very detailed. I love how the main character's so crazy, he laughs at the weirdest things.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it and understood the humor of his insane jealousy. Haha thanks for reading!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2014

Author

Chadvonswan
Chadvonswan

The West, CA



About
CHADVONSWAN = MAX REAGAN [What's Write is Right] My book of short stories.. http://www.lulu.com/shop/max-reagan/thoughts- of-ink/paperback/product-22122339.html more..

Writing
Knot Knot

A Poem by Chadvonswan


For: For:

A Poem by Chadvonswan


Neon Noon Neon Noon

A Story by Chadvonswan