Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush

A Story by Chadvonswan

The bullet went into his head and straight thru out the other side. He heard the sounds like rocks under footsteps crack behind his ears and felt the bone fragment dance out of his being. He was surprised at the instantaneous speed that had blasted thru him, he thought of a train flying thru space and into the sun. A swelling of tension and a sneezing sensation filled his mouth, but he didn't sneeze, and walked home and went to bed. Outside the sky ripped in half.

In the morning he woke and thought of the dream he had. He was on a train soaring thru the Galaxy, and the dream ended in the Sun. He got an itch and tried to pick his nose but instead fingered the bullet hole between his eyes. His stomach stretched and he pissed in the toilet. All the while he watched little red droplets fall into his streaming piss, the golden pool turning orange. He washed his hands and looked in the mirror at his third eye. It was black, scabbed, but if he angled his head in the right position he could see thru to the other side.

In the mirror room he sat in the chair and looked up at the ceiling. He felt the spare blood seep out of the back of his skull. The floor was a mirror and the ceiling was a mirror so it appeared like he was floating in mid air. He sat there until he remembered what happened yesterday. But all he could remember was when he was shot in the head. The feeling, the sensation. Everything before that was a blank. He looked into his face in the ceiling until something came. He tasted coffee all of a sudden. Coffee? Suddenly he felt thirsty. He left the mirror room went to the front yard. He got in his car and drove to the cafe.

He parked in front of the building and got out. It was hot --too hot-- and he looked up at the sun. He felt the hole in his head fill with energy and radiant warmth.

Inside the waitress looked at him in horror. She screamed and demanded to know what happened to him. He said he didn't know, and she ran to the phone and called the cops. He told her to hang up, but she didn't. Once she said hello, he jumped up from his booth and ran over to her and pried the phone out of her hands. She screamed and retreated into the kitchen. He looked around. Everyone was looking at him, some with their mouths wide open. Open gaping holes drooling curiosity. He felt his face get red. He went and sat back at his booth and screamed for his coffee. The waitress didn't hear him, or rather, she ignored him. He screamed his demand, but the b***h didn't help him. He continued to yell, and some people left.

A brave little girl got up from her table and carried her dads coffee cup over to the screaming man. When he noticed this he stopped screaming and the entire cafe was still. She set the cup in front of him and stared into his third eye, her mouth agape, looking into the cosmic crusty bullet hole, and she saw the sun bleed thru the hole. He noticed the little circle of light appear on her face, and felt her eyes on his, tho she wasn't looking into his eyes, but into the bullet hole. They both felt a connection, and they smiled at each other. The little girl opened her hole to say something but her dad grabbed her and pulled her out the door.

He looked around. The cafe was empty. Everyone left because they were scared, or had either lost their appetite. He shrugged to himself and picked up the coffee cup and sipped. A couple minutes later the coffee drained out of the hole in between his eyes and onto the table. He felt the sugar rush - spoon - spoon- stir- sugar -- sugar -- black black black

There was a siren outside. He heard it and looked up out the window and saw the red and blue lights. He got up and walked out to see what all the commotion was about. He pushed the door open and the cops took cover behind the open cruiser doors, pointing their guns at him. He shouted at them, What the f**k is this? The cops squeezed their guns and kept their aim. They shouted at him to get on the ground and onto his hands and knees. He shook his head and said no. The cops screamed at him to get on the ground. He took a step forward instead and then one of them shot their gun.

The bullet went into his head and straight thru out the other side. He heard the sounds like rocks under footsteps crack behind his ears and felt the bone fragment dance out of his being. He was surprised at the instantaneous speed that had blasted thru him, he thought of a train flying thru space and into the sun. A swelling of tension and a sneezing sensation filled his mouth, but he didn't sneeze, and walked home and went to bed. Outside the sky ripped in half.

© 2015 Chadvonswan


Author's Note

Chadvonswan
Hah

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Stop being so good. Just.....like.....it's hard to handle. I'll probably end up being like the waitress and end up screaming, calling 911. If there was a 911 for good writing /:

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reading (:
Ariana Omnomnom

8 Years Ago

You're welcome
I agree with Gaston...circling back and repeating the opening chapter was brilliant.
I love this one. there were parts I frowned and smirked, wondering...where is he going with this??
But it was simply madness...or a recurring dream, I dunno.

regardless it was a terrific, vivid romp.

I love how THEY were the ones with gaping holes oozing...curiosity! As his oozed...insanity and rebellion.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

8 Years Ago

Haha thats my favorite thing about literature: endless interpretations and meanings and perceptions
Chadvonswan

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reading man
I'd love to really get into this one, stick my prodding literary finger right through the bullet hole in search of meanings and themes, but I think possibly you just wanted to write a story about a man with a bullet hole in his head and the adversity that faces him. Liked the story, bit crazy, bit short, those two worked together like sugar and lead.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

8 Years Ago

Zachary you read me like a book, thanks for the gander.
Well, the hook was big enough to catch a whale! What a weird tale, masterfully constructed. You maintained the pace throughout, at first I was going to suggest some dialog but I think that as it is, it sustains an other worldly feeling that would be likely to be lost with dialog. I enjoyed the piece very much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

8 Years Ago

I usually don't write in this kind of minimalist style, but Bukowski inspired me to write something .. read more
The loop at the end was genius and this story was definitely worth the wait Max
The imagery was fantastic and the daft vibes were top shelf.
"Open gaping holes drooling curiosity."
Yeah buddy


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2015
Last Updated on June 1, 2015

Author

Chadvonswan
Chadvonswan

The West, CA



About
CHADVONSWAN = MAX REAGAN [What's Write is Right] My book of short stories.. http://www.lulu.com/shop/max-reagan/thoughts- of-ink/paperback/product-22122339.html more..

Writing
Knot Knot

A Poem by Chadvonswan


For: For:

A Poem by Chadvonswan


Neon Noon Neon Noon

A Story by Chadvonswan