We are Legion.

We are Legion.

A Story by Char'els Beanland
"

There is a story of two men taken over by a legion of demons. Jesus, orders them to leave the men and go into the pigs nearby killing all of the herd of pigs. What what happened to demons after that?

"

We are Legion.

 

And he asked him “What is your name?” he answered him saying

“We are legion for we are many.” And they begged him not to send them into the abyss but allow them to go into the swine that were on the hillside. So he told them “Go” and they did. The swine fled over the cliffs and into the ocean killing themselves. (The New Testament account)

 

A legion was composed of about 5,500 men, all professional soldiers who signed on for terms lasting 25 years.

 http://www.josephus.org/FlJosephus2/romanArmy.htm

      Reference: Peter Connolly, Greece and Rome at War (Greenhill Books, London, 1998)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Preface.

 

The offering;

           

We come to a mountain in Greece, the time is the mid 1300’s, a large fire on the mountainside was burning and had been for almost a week. People that passed around the mountain saw and heard the goings on high above them and told those they knew evil was there and to stay away. Moans and voices guttural and without understanding came from the woman beside the flames. She was in the throes of a trance with her eyes rolled back in her head. On her left were bones gathered into a box from her homeland and on her right a large bowl of bile, excrement, with blood and herbs. The night air hung heavy with the moisture from the storm clouds gathering from the sea. The woman sat on her knees before the fire, blood dripping down. It stung and increased her primitive feelings of the night. With her arms torn and hands burnt combined with the sweat from her body the distanced music she heard kept her on the edge of this world. The flies flew all about trying to get at the bowl and the gathering pool underneath her. Coming out of the trance she stared past the fire into the vast unseen shadows that stood on the other side of the fire. There where shadows, unclear visions of beings hovering on that side of the worlds vision.

 

“What more do I have to do to please you masters?” She begged. “For seven days I have fasted and prayed. By my own hand I have shed my own blood over your bones that my people have kept from our ancestors.” On her knees now with her clothes torn, burned and battered from three nights of pain, perverse pleasures, desires and torture. She cried out to those she worshipped,

 

“What else do you want from me? Tell me!” She screamed.

 

A thousands voice shouted at her, “You are the key to our entrance into your world. Renounce the one God and his anointed one and come to us and we shall come to you.”

 

 When she hesitated talons raked her back and tore at her legs and buttocks. And as blood poured from her she dropped to her knees again and picked up the bones at her feet and threw them into the flames crying out I renounce the, the one god and his anointed one. Two large hands lifted her to her feet, another pair caressed her face then a third took her hands pulling her into the fire, she kicked over the bowl spilling it on the ground, voices screamed at her,

 

            “Renounce him and serve us. Renounce Him!” Voices screamed at her. “Come to us,” “Yes,” other cried yes come to us and we shall give you your reward.”

 

 She tore away at the clothes that hung as rags about her and stepped in. The flames gathered about her, caressing her, flittered back and forth about her body, but not harming her. And as she felt the warmth and tingling sensation of the fire she cried out,

 “I call to you of old who had dwelled in my home land from the beginning, you are my god and I serve only you, I reject the Holy one of God’s anointed, there is no other god but you.”

 

Then the shadows came alive surrounding the woman and the flames about her turned white then plunged into darkness, as it swallowed the light, everything went dark on the mountain side. A large hand shot came from underneath her through the flames grabbing her by the throat and lifted her twelve feet off the ground as thousands of shadows came alive, they gathered for the feast that was served to them this dark night. Chanting, jeering their voices rose into a crescendo and at the apex of their delight. A voice unheard for over 1300 years called out to the gasping woman and said,

(date is about 1345) two years before the black plague hits)

 

            “Your offering is accepted and now you shall be with us forever.”

Her burnt and bleeding hands tried to pull at the hand that was holding her but she felt only air.

 

“The deed is done access is now ours. Legion, take her!”

 

The woman gasps as she now started to feel the flames burn her legs. Then she screamed as three thousand spirits came into her and rend her mind into pieces. Her soul in their talons they tore at her ripping away the blindness and ignorance. The face of the one that held her came into sharp view before her eyes. It was a ruler of his kind, servant to the Princes of the realms of countries. She screamed hysterically going mad with fright. She tried to thrash about kicking and flailing to set her self-free but was held fast by the powerful fist about her neck. Then six thousand hands tore away her flesh. She was lowered back into the flames that cooked and seared away the flesh and bones of her body. She screamed and called out to God for help with her voice echoing though out the mountainside and surrounding valley below. The hand tightened and her voice was silenced. Then the flames erupted into an inferno white and blue flames at the women’s mention of God. Though her voice was silenced forever on earth, in eternity the woman found herself in hell. With her cries and the fires all about her unseen but felt all the same. It was in the darkness that she felt the horrible thirst come upon her, a darkness that was tangible, and a thirst consuming her body. Completely alone without hope and without God, she felt the fire worms of hell gathered around her crawling on her body and the fire started to come from them as they borrowed into her for the fest that would never end. From the depth of her soul she screamed and she never stopped.

 

When the sun rose the next morning the flies and insects were finished with the blood and bile from the night before. The fire had burned away everything to white ash. A gentle breeze started to blow away the remains of the night before revealing the bones of her ancestors that she had thrown into the fire. The bones that where there were from pigs that had leaped off the cliffs to their deaths in the country of Israel, and had been gathered from the beach shore near the lake of Galilee a long time ago. By the side of the mountain a large and dark unseen figure stood and over looked the area below him, he smiled knowing that if she had but called on the anointed one then they would have lost her to the enemy. He could smell the flesh and souls of man all about the valley floor below. He wanted another two more people of mankind to inhabit, “Yes” he said to himself, he knew that among the lives of men there would be plenty to choose from, rising above the area with his arms outstretched he called to his legion to follow him, for he had heard of two that were connected to the woman. They were now six thousands strong, and they answered him by unfurling their wings and followed him. They were like a storm cloud as they soared over the land casting their spiritual shadows far below.

 

 

 

 

Legion was once again among mankind.

 

 

  

 

 

Chapter one.

 

The order given, the order obeyed:

 

Legion flew to the plains out east and they heard a trumpet blowing. There on the plains of a great desert stood Michael, the great Prince of God’s people, surrounded by the heavenly host. Legion came down and stood ready for battle but Michael held up his hand and said “Peace for now Ruler of Legion” I have come to give orders and you are to obey.

 

Ruler eyed him and offered his hand in truce to his once Prince. “What is this order Oh, great Prince?” he asked.

 

“You are now released to go your way” Michael said to him, “but you will be a plague upon mankind and bring plague on the peoples of earth. When you are bound by the redeemed you will wait until the next century to move again.”

 

“And where shall we start great Prince, here in this land or another?” he asked.

 

Michael pointed out to the east and said, “There are two brothers that have been allowed to take the women’s daughters life whom you used as the key of your release. Take them and go further east until you meet the Great Horde marked by Gold from the eastern mountains. Begin there and follow their footsteps.” With that Michael bent to the ground and gather some of it then lifting it blew it into the air and said “Take the dust and the plagued given you from the LORD himself to make this land like the land of Egypt in her rebellion.” With that Michael unfurled his wings and shot straight up with the host of heaven and were gone leaving the Ruler to his task. The dust became a great cloud before them before it started to fall to the earth.

 

Ruler motioned for his fallen ones to gather the dust from the air and ground. “A plague he wants us to be, a plague we shall be to the world. Suffering untold of, and death shall be in our wake. Come, let us make a pestilence of ourselves.” 

© 2016 Char'els Beanland


Author's Note

Char'els Beanland
This a story I am currently writing up. I view this as a historical and "What if" combination for the spiritual side of thinking.
Feel free to argue with me about the way it flows, the voice, description of thing is too much or not enough, any ideas of what or where it might go and what to bring in. This is two chapters of nine I have so far. I am testing the waters so to speak.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Incredible. I am also writing a novel which deals with some issues like this. The subject is great. If we are to believe there are angels, then why not demons. Every ruler has an army, after all, right? Thank you for sharing.. Well written so far.
..Misty

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Incredible. I am also writing a novel which deals with some issues like this. The subject is great. If we are to believe there are angels, then why not demons. Every ruler has an army, after all, right? Thank you for sharing.. Well written so far.
..Misty

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You really made me sinking in a deep sea ... Great work !! I like it so so so so much ...Keep on the great work, we need those writers who are like YOU ...You are really a very good writer...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 1, 2016

Author

Char'els Beanland
Char'els Beanland

Kodiak city, AK



About
A southern-man, that doesn't sound like one. forth of six Sons of WWII veteran and a world traveler from the Navy. Born deaf until 7.5 yrs. old, Father of four children and grandfather of four. Live.. more..

Writing