Inspiration from a 15 year old.

Inspiration from a 15 year old.

A Story by C. Lee Battaglia
"

Inspiration is just what comes from your heart... If you want to help others, use your heart and it will tell you what to do...

"

There I am walking to school one day and I was feeling depressed and all alone in the world... No one would talk to me... No one even cared about me...

But then I chose to do the hardest thing for me at the time, look someone in the eyes and talk. It is still hard for me to talk to people and look them in the eyes because I have dyslexia and ADHD. I tend to get nervous and it feels like they're looking into my soul whenever I look someone in the eyes.

I met the person that made me forget my depression, my fears, my doubts. She was my half that made me whole, the only one I could really look in the eyes and not tend to get nervous. I didn't care if she looked into my soul. 
All I cared about that she would never leave me, that she would be my friend forever and ever.

But that wish didn't come true, she escaped from my life, leaving me helpless and those same feelings slowly crept back into my heart, leaving me in darkness.

She was my ray of sunshine that would warm me up on a cold winter day.

Soon I found myself one day at school in between classes walking towards the railing to the stairs, I thought to myself then, "I'm going over the railing and falling head first."
I kept going, not looking back, not caring about a single thing.
When I got to the railing, I noticed something...
There was a girl with blue eyes smiling at me... I knew then that I had another reason to live. 

She could've chosen not to have smiled in my direction and I would have ended my life. 

I know now that bulling is absolutely wrong... One word could have someone committing suicide. One word could change their life forever. One thing that matters most is you stay strong, you help others feel good and have that fire inside to light up the darkness.

Not everyone understands that if you leave, you won't come back to replace your laughter or your smile that makes someone happy and feels alive.

Now don't forget, even when your feeling depressed and alone... Don't stop talking to people and look them in the eyes. Get to know them... Make friends. Invite that light to shine forever in your heart to help fight those demons inside.

Because after all love is real friendship...

© 2017 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Be able to help those people...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Was that about you? I'm the creator of this contest and just wow. That really blew me away. Well done

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Yeah it was about me... Thank you!
Cassidy14

6 Years Ago

You should know you are beautiful inside. Don't ever think of that idea to end your life. If you nee.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you Cassidy! It means a lot to me 😌😌
little things- a smile or a kind word- can make so much difference in someone's life, you managed to deliver it loud and clear...thanks for entering my little contest. ^_^
Good work!
Maumil

Posted 8 Years Ago


i really love it., there's just so much emotion in every line. It's also very inspiring and gives so much hope at the end., for me its awesome., keep on writing and inspiring others., I really love it how you write from your heart., ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you stephany... I try to write to help others not make the same mistakes as I have... So that .. read more
The Title suits the work, the message however is little scattered but ultimately its from a 15 year old who speaks,feels and expresses his age.. Life is a long journey and the only fuel that it runs on is Hope.. Keep hoping, keep smiling & yes keep inspiring. Loadza Luv :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Where do you think it's scattered and I will try to fix it... But thank you!
Frozen Eyes

9 Years Ago

You dont need to fix it dear, its not broken. Let it be scattered, actually the thing is I try to vi.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Oh... Thank you! I take it as a great complement! Thanks!
Building your life on the idea of acceptance from others, is the most wrong thing. Your life, dreams, goals and your position in life comes from where you stand and where you want to be.only you can your life better or worse... People who loves you will keep you in their lives and others who don't feel like it then that is their problem cuz life will move on, you will be busy achieving something while they are busy hating you...

smile is a strong message and helps..keep smiling and don't let anyone take it away..

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks i really Appreciate it... and I promise to keep smiling...
I really enjoy this piece of work, I realize you like to write more emotional pieces of work, and I do hope you continue to do so. Too many people find the subjects too touchy and won't dwell on them; you do, and you do a fantastic job at it.

Again, the only thing you do wrong is minor spelling and grammar errors and all you need to do is going through it and read it out loud and I am sure you will catch them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you... I will be sure to reread it...
Good thoughts and wise wisdom in the words.
"Now don't forget, even when your feeling depressed and alone... Don't quit talking to people and look them in the eyes. Get to know them... Make friends. Invite that light to shine forever in your heart, to fight those demons inside."
All of us have strength and weaknesses. Friendship and kindness should be the way of life. Thank you for sharing the excellent story and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks coyote... you've been a great friend.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

My pleasure to read your words and you are welcome.
It is inspirational and lovely. I think it is great! C. Lee Battaglia: You must keep writing and the message you are sending is absolutely wonderful. Great advise, very well articulated and moving. It is so sad the way kids can be, but unfortunately, those kids grow up sometimes to be unkind and unempathetic. Thank you so much! Dale

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Such true words of wisdom... Thank you Dale!
Confuser

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. Please keep writing. Dale
I think this is really great (not the committing suicide part) but the lesson in the story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you maddie!
Thank you for writing such a magnificent piece. It showed true personhood. Well done, well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks Jamie!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

682 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2015
Last Updated on September 28, 2017
Tags: Inspiration, Goodness, Feel happy

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..