Walking Through

Walking Through

A Story by C. Lee Battaglia
"

Be the bigger person and stop bullying!

"

Walking Through

Hello my name is Chase Battaglia and I’m here to tell you about the terrible cause of bulling. Bulling has effected my life growing up through elementary school through high school and still currently now.

Where ever you go of course there is going to be people who dislike you and can find your weaknesses and stab at them.

      When I was in elementary school some older 5th graders were picking on me because I was short and would twitch. The reason why I would twitch is because I have ADHD and dyslexia. It mostly happened when ever I was nervous. The older kids would call me twitch and get close enough to me so they could trigger my twitching. They thought it was funny, but really it wasn’t; I wetted my pants sometimes because they would scare me so bad.

     The point of this was that they could please themselves without getting into any serious trouble because they had made me swear not to tell anyone. I didn’t and thought they would eventually stop. But I was wrong. They continued to bully and continued to hurt me.

     Once I had gotten into middle school, they bullied me less often. It only happened every once in awhile. They would call me names and I got used to it where it didn’t even bother me anymore. I was more nervous then ever at middle school though; there were much more kids then elementary school and often found myself lost.

     Then one day I got humiliated from my friends; I was more depressed then ever and thought that I was worthless. They had started to ignore me and avoid me. I wanted to be with them but they shut me out. They had called me foul names and told me that had really hurt.

Soon I found myself one day at school in between classes walking towards the railing to the stairs, I thought to myself then, "I'm going over the railing and falling head first."

I kept going, not looking back, not caring about a single thing.

When I got to the railing, I noticed something...

There was a girl with blue eyes smiling at me... I knew then that I had another reason to live. 

She could have chosen not to smile in my direction and I would have ended my life. 

 

I know now that bulling is absolutely wrong... 14% of all high school students think about suicide. And 7% actually end up committing.

So one word could have someone committing suicide; One word could change there life forever in a positive way. The one thing that matters most is you stay strong; you help others feel good and have that fire inside to light up the darkness.

Not everyone understands that if you leave, you won't come back to replace your laughter or your smile that makes someone happy and feels alive.

Now don't forget, even when you’re feeling depressed and alone... Don't stop talking to people and look them in the eyes. Get to know them... Make friends. Invite that light to shine forever in your heart to help fight those demons inside.

Walk on through this life; Walk on through for the better future because you deserve it and your family, friends, teachers, and peers won’t know what you could have done in your life.

© 2016 C. Lee Battaglia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on March 18, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing